sailor moon! || ryujin.beomgyu

"Sailor who?"

"Sailor who?"

"Sailor Moon!" Beomgyu exclaimed.

He had just finished telling Taehyun what happened... again—who was, at this point, half listening and half invested in his lunch.

Beomgyu sighed and looked out the window, a cheek resting in his palm. Stupid all boys school, he thought. He knew that she obviously didn't go here—but that made every other school possible. And that's assuming that she's in high school in the first place.

He wondered what she was doing right now.

<<<

At an all girls school coincidently not that far away:

"You did?" Chaeryoung marveled, "You're like a hero, actually!"

Shin Ryujin liked that—it made her feel kind of cool. When she relayed this story to Hyunjin, he laughed and asked if he said anything about her horrendous wig. He doesn't understand her heroicness, she concluded—which was especially unfortunate because he was the reason she wore the wig in the first place.
But at least attending his little sister's party as Sailor Moon made her twenty dollars richer.

"Exactly," she said.

He looked around her age, she guessed. But he could easily be older—even younger, perhaps.

She wondered what he was doing right now.

<<<

Three months later

Sometimes, he thinks about the girl who saved him that day. Like now, for instance, on an early weekend morning as the TV droned in the living room and the sunrise peeking through the blinds. His parents were at work like usual, so he was home alone.

It was a tad too quiet for him. Putting on his coat, he decided to go for a short walk.

The air is colder now, but only a few wistful clouds cover the sky. Only a few people are walking on the streets.

He found himself at the intersection before he realized it—this street wasn't a very familiar route until three months earlier.

There's nothing he's hoping for. After weeks of being disappointed, he saw no point.

This time, there were no cars but he stood and waited for the walk signal.

<<<

Ryujin set out on a walk because her head hurt—she's been studying all week for that stupid math test the day before. It left the cogs in her brain smoking and on fire, but at least it was done.

She didn't have a set place to go in mind, but her feet took her to the intersection.

That time, she really was going to tell him her real name but he had been gone before she could. Her mind avoided the fact that he was cute at first, but it didn't anymore. She sighed. So much for a first crush—strangely enough.