a magic trick || chaeryoung.taehyun

a now you see me kind of thing au

(changed it up up a bit)

(now you see me one and two be good movies btw if ur looking for something to watch. the video is the piranha scene. the rain scene, if you want to watch it is here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DQU7X4QDX80 )

countingwithflowerz

(sorry for taking a little long—also feel free to give me an idea if you have a specific one. hope you like this one tho :))

warning: some cursing

<<<

fate might be up to something. the restaurant she was waiting in was one she would have never walked into if it weren't for the fact that her blind date wanted to meet here. she honestly would rather have some takeout.

all worries of dressing too overboard for "fancy," went out the window as soon as lia dropped her off—now she felt out of place.

it had been fifteen minutes past the time they were supposed to meet, checking her phone as she sat on the plush seat. the anxiety started to pool back in her gut, worried that he wouldn't come. she was beginning to regret accepting the blind date. lia wasn't that reliable.

chaeryoung was going to kill her if he doesn't show. one thing she hated was being stood up and she's had her fair share of that. but she had to admit, being here was nice. there wasn't too much of a crowd at this time—just some very well dressed people. around her was a big aquarium and she marveled at how the blue light went through the water. for a moment, she successfully distracted herself with the colorful fish and plants, not realizing that he had already sat down. he had to clear his throat to get her attention, startling her as she turned to meet a strangely familiar face.

"hi, i'm kang taehyun. sorry for being late, something held me up," he said with a dimpled smile.

she had definitely seen that smile before.

three years ago.

it was a cold, rainy winter day in london. chaeryoung had decided to take a walk, her hood over her head, wishing for something to change her life. her boring routine life. that was actually why she was here in london. to get away, even if it was only temporarily.

she had worked hard, got a good job in an office building. was it what she had wanted? no. she wasn't even sure—all she really took into account was what her parents wanted her to be. chaeryoung didn't realize that she could've had a choice.

so here she was in the middle of the pouring rain, with a lukewarm paper cup of coffee in her hands, just looking for something or someone. a reason to stay here and never go back.