beauties pt.six || ryujin.beomgyu

(y'know, i listened to this song for the first time in a while and srsly y did it hit different? lol

(y'know, i listened to this song for the first time in a while and srsly y did it hit different? lol. i felt uplifted by this happy ending sounding song)

((anyways, sorry this is so long haha it's a small book—but i think this is my favorite part ❤️))

<<<

"i think the wind is better," soobin said to yeonjun, beckoning him to come look outside that window. the fierce winds were a bit calmer—which wasn't any more than tolerable, "if we're going to look for him, we need to do it now! who knows if it's going to get better than this!"

"calm down," yeonjun sighed when soobin started to shake him by the shoulders. he took one more look and decided:

"fine."

worst scenario after scenario pounded in his chest as they coursed through the woods.

<<<

the ballroom was large and impossibly empty. there was a slight echo to every sound he made. tall windows and ceilings made it look even bigger than it was, and the curtains were drawn back, showcasing the rain from outside.

the silky cream button up shirt he was wearing was rolled to his forearms, paired with black pants. and maybe he took a little extra time to do his hair that morning.

ryujin sat on a velvet teal armchair, looking out the window. she hadn't noticed him yet.

her dress was a pale sunlight yellow and fanned out at her feet. yeji missed the sun and insisted that she wear the dress to remind her of it.

she noticed him once he started walking towards her—glancing to see who it was, she narrowed her eyes and turned her attention back to the window. he was probably here to start a fight.

taking a seat on the windowsill, he followed her gaze to find what she was looking at. then his eyes shifted to her.

"wanna dance?" he asked, getting her attention. she was confused.

"but there's no music."

"the rain is the music."

the loudest sound was the rain through the windows. it was a random idea, but why would she say no? he stood up and offered his hand, which she ultimately decided to take.

they waltzed to the rain, twirling to the scattered rhythm in the empty ballroom meant for more than themselves. strangely, though, it was enough.

there was a weird feeling in her chest. a heartbeat quicker than she was used to.

"this is a bit weird," she said as he twirled her again.

"do you want to stop?"

"no," she replied, indifferent on the outside. he smiled.