glass pt.two || lia.soobin

<<<

<<<

the day of the ball came in the middle of spring, and to say the whole week was hell would be an understatement.

for the two sisters, the prince was their only chance at ever being independent. they both weren't smart—they were only stuck up. the world revolved around them and that definitely included lia. the whole week was spent preparing. dress orders, facials, hair appointments, spas. for a whole week. by the time the fateful day came, they smelled like vanilla and roses; their hair was as shiny as the silverware.

she was in the middle of trying to reorganize the lotions and makeup when taehyun walked in. luckily, the dresses weren't strewn all over the place and he had a place to walk.

leaning against the vanity she was organizing, he was silent for a moment. she knew what he was going to ask and sighed in advance.

"are you seriously not going?" he said, "shoot your shot with the prince?"

funny.

"yeah," lia replied, opening a drawer, "i'll probably be stuck cleaning."

"you can leave early," he suggested, frowning when she frowned at him. "oh come on—you can sacrifice one night of sleep!"

okay, maybe there's a bigger reason why he's pushing for this (other than the sake of having fun). maybe his close friend was the prince himself... and maybe he could tell that said prince was probably going to like her.

"i can't," she sighed again. a smile formed on her face. "why? does nobody want to be your date?"

he scowled, making her laugh. "everybody wants to be my date."

"sure."

she should know better and believe him, he thought. but he had to go get ready for the ball... and maybe prepare something else too.

"suit yourself," he said, starting for the door. very slowly.

"i'm not going to change my mind."

he crossed his arms.

"it was too late to anyways," he huffed, walking normally again. she chuckled.

the door swung closed behind him, and she silently wished for him to have some fun.

<<<

it was a good thing he left.

when lia helped force them into their too tight dresses—which was lia's foot on her back, trying to get the corset as tight as possible—she was judging... but what did she know about the latest fashion? their dresses were the definition of "over the top," and it wasn't the good kind.

the dresses were full of ribbons and ruffles and every pattern of lace. one was a hot pink lined with turquoise and the other was a bright yellow with dark red. The masks they were wearing matched accordingly, but with bright and long feathers sticking out.