that's not so romeo of you pt.four || yuna.hueningkai

(i can't believe how long this chapter is i think it's the longest out of everything else

(i can't believe how long this chapter is i think it's the longest out of everything else. so with that said, there might be typos and things)

(but it's long overdue so here it is! the final part, and my favorite)

<<<

the remaining rehearsals went by quick, and suddenly, it was a week before the play. the costumes were being touched up. he didn't hate is as much as he thought he would. looking in the mirror, at the way his hair had been arranged carefully in swoops out of his face and the striped blue of the "doublet" (which was a word he didn't know till then), he thought he looked quite good dare he say. he'll keep that to himself for now, mostly because he couldn't hold a candle to yuna in her dark red velvet dress. he stared.

"what do you think?" she asked, beaming in excitement. her hair was in a sleek braid that trailed down her back entwined with a golden yellow thread.

she looked lovely. like straight from a fairytale. is this how the prince felt, he wondered, looking at cinderella?

"you look nice." he said, clearing his throat which was closing up all of a sudden. "what about me?"

she looked at him through narrow eyes for a moment but shrugged, "you look nice too—like a prince."

of course, he thought, catching a glance at himself in the mirrors lining the wall of the greenroom.

yuna noticed this and rolled her eyes, but let him be for now—it's not like he's wrong. and it's good that he has a distraction from being nervous.

"i can't believe it's almost here!" chaeryoung's voice said from behind her. "look at you—perfect!"

she gushed at the compliment and gave her a half hearted punch.

"it's true!" chaeryoung beamed, taking a step backward to admire her in full glory. "i helped sew some of that you know—it took a long time to get done and here it is. done justice."

"stop~"

although yuna liked what she was saying all too much, she couldn't help but think about the pressure of the performance in a week. how she needs to be perfect.

because that was what all this work was calling for, right? to not do so would be so disrespectful and shameful that she'd rather crawl in a hole and never come out again. she figured that minhee would like that very much—from the way she looked at her in costume.

so she promised, she would do whatever it took for the show to go on.

<<<

"ay, lips that they must use in prayer."

he twirled her around, and brought her back to him just as practiced. the stage is alight. the crowd's eyes follow their every move, burning into her skin.