the water fountain || yuna.hueningkai

warning: some cursing

(someone sprayed liquid ass in the hallways at school once and i could not breathe hah.)

<<<

"this is all your fault," yuna said, glaring at kai and shivering in her wet, cold clothes. she wrung the water out of her hair.

"this was all your fault," he retorted, rummaging through his duffle bag.

the two were standing in the middle of the courtyard late after school on a friday, dripping wet in the middle of autumn. the cursed water fountain was right next to them, which was where they had just gotten out of.

why were they in the fountain in the first place?

"cheap old guy," yuna muttered under her breath as she put some more coins in the bucket. what kind of punishment is this? you know what, she thought, this is illegal. it has to be.

she was beginning to regret taking the heat for the prank they did on the principal. it was a pretty good one though—they sprayed liquid ass all over his office. as much as she wished she could, she can't forget the rancid, rotten smell. they would have gotten away with it if somebody hadn't ratted them out. whoever it was better hide.

and even though this whole thing was ryujin's plan and idea, yuna took the blame, deciding to let her still participate in her track meet next week. ryujin made sure to thank her though, so it was easier to accept.

so here she was, still at school after cleaning a couple of classrooms—only she wasn't inside. nope, she was knee deep in the cold water of the huge fountain in the middle of the school yard, taking out the loads of coins people had been throwing in. the principal was probably going to cash it out.

yuna was hoping no one would catch her in there but she was wrong. while she was bent over, scooping up some more coins, someone sat down on the ledge next to her.

"what the hell are you doing?" a voice laughed. "are you broke or something?"

recognizing it, she let out a deep sigh, turning around to meet his annoying face. to be frank, she didn't like him—and he probably didn't like her, she figured, considering the way he seizes every opportunity to push her buttons. yuna was here on a scholarship; there was no way she would want to pay the huge fee to come here if she ended up not getting chosen.

kai had a water bottle in his hands and looked like he had just gotten out of the shower. he stayed late for dance practice, placing his black duffle bag on the floor.

"it's the punishment for the liquid ass prank," she snapped, continuing on with the coins. it was getting late and there was still a ways to go. if she wasn't as smart and talented as she was, she probably would've been expelled by now.