that's not so romeo of you pt.three || yuna.hueningkai

(with the Shakespeare play script out and my furious typing i look like i'm finishing a seven page literary essay or something but no, it's a kpop fanfic lol i am taking it very seriously heheh

(with the Shakespeare play script out and my furious typing i look like i'm finishing a seven page literary essay or something but no, it's a kpop fanfic lol i am taking it very seriously heheh. sorry if i mess up any theater things—feel free to point anything out. i've been in a play once in elementary and thats about it)

(but anyways, if anyone noticed, i started another book—at first, i really wanted to finish my 'that's my girl' book but thinking about this story was distracting so i just decided to write it :)) if anyone's an engene, feel free:)) enemies to lovers is one of my fav tropes of all time)

<<<

they were at chaeryoung's house, supposedly "studying" when:

"juliet?!" ryujin half screeched as they all looked at her collectively.  "you said you weren't going to!"

she did, but as soon as she got home that rainy day, she took out the romeo and juliet play book that chaeryoung lent her. was she supposed to memorize the whole thing, she didn't know. but she did the best she could. at least the script had been simplified for students.

when the time came for the audition the next day, she was so nervous.

her hands were shaking when she walked into the auditorium and into the back of the stage. she watched the other auditions from the shadows. from where she was, though, she couldn't get a good look at the director in the audience—but she could hear her voice reading the lines of other characters in each audition. it wasn't familiar. she was calling their names, which prompted them to get on the stage and state what character they were auditioning for and the scene they would audition with. she was ending and prolonging each audition as she pleased. that didn't help.

some of the students she recognized—like felix lee, the foreign exchange student who was auditioning for benvolio, romeo's cousin. he was pretty nervous too, she noted with some sympathy. because same, she thought. there were others she was friendly with auditioning for different roles.

but then she saw someone go out into the stage from the other side—whom she was very surprised to see. taehyun stood in the middle of stage, clearing his throat.

"i'm auditioning for mercutio."

he was pretty good. a little nervous, but good. he hadn't read like the robot yuna thought he might do—he even did the gestures.

"great job!" the director exclaimed cheerily, "yuna shin is next."

she let out a deep breath and walked onto the stage, the spotlight warm on her skin and bright to her eyes. blinking a few times, she willed herself to pull together.

"i'm auditioning for juliet and i want to use scene 7."

gulping, she thought for a near fatal moment that she might pee her pants.