Thirty-Five:- Clouds Before A Storm

"Yo, Nathan!" The voice chirped. Nathan stiffened when he immediately recognized the voice. I haven't even stepped onto a grain of the school floor and this chirpy is exhausting me. He groaned as he straightened back his posture and turned around to face them. "Theodore. Brad," He greeted, monotonously.

Brad gave a nod while Theodore had a wide grin on his face. Nathan shook his head at the two and continued his way into the school. "How was your weekend?" Theodore asked as he caught up to the taller. "Fine," Nathan answered, curtly.

The memory replaying of the previous weekend says otherwise. There were details prominent in his mind. Jadrianne dressed up. They had fun at the amusement park together. He got to see a bit of the inner child in her. He saw her falter a bit. She cooked dinner for him. Last but not least, they became a couple.

'Fine' is an understatement.

"Wow, such detail in that story," Brad sarcastically commented. Nathan rolled his eyes and speed-walked. "Well, it is. So, deal with it." He was internally glad they're not observant to his ears warming and possibly turning red visibly.

That Saturday date was full of feels, but he felt that something was off. When he was out from her building, she sent a text telling him to let her know when he's home. When he did arrive at his place, he messaged her, but strangely, she didn't text back. He took out his phone and check his message chat with her if there's a new notification.

Message to Dork

[Me: Oi, I'm home.] 9:00p.m.

[Me: This is the part where you reply & acknowledge it.] 9:15p.m.

[Me: I'm abt to break this phone.] 10:30p.m.

"That damn idiot didn't even read any of them!" He grumbled under his breath. Even though he was a little crestfallen, but more so, he was concerned. "She's the one who wouldn't stop bugging me. Why she quiet now?"

He sighed as he opened his locker to arrange his books for today's classes. "Dude! I had the best weekend!" Theodore exclaimed as he leaned against the locker beside Nathan's. "My little sister and I went to this cat café in town and we had these hard-boiled eggs that looked like rabbits!"

Brad snickered at him. "Hard-boiled? You sure you didn't just eat white-shelled that cracked like-"

"I know what I eat, Brad!" Theodore barked before grabbing Brad's glasses and running down the hall with them. "Oi! You damn twat!" With that, the duo ran like the wind passing Nathan who was intensely staring at the screen.

"Argh!" He roughly ruffled his hair and shoved his phone in his pocket. Kicking the lower lockers, he walked off with gritted teeth.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

•Rooftop•

"Where the hell have you been, you battery-waster?!"

Jadrianne jolted from Nathan's booming voice and the slam of the door followed by it. The stunned girl watched as the male stomped his way over to her with an aggressively accusing finger pointed at her.

Nathan got to her until they were face-to-face while Jadrianne stared up at him with wide green orbs. She could see the veins on his temple bulging out like a pressurised cooker rattling with steam coming off. She had to stop herself from blurting it out.

"That's an endearing name, Nathan." The ends of her lips turned up a little, making Nathan nearly forgetting what he was furious about. However, he shook the slight fuzzy feeling off and went back to scowling at her.