Nineteen:- Curious Thoughts (REVAMPED)

The next morning came and Nathan arrived early at the town's public indoor basketball court. They have 4 indoor basketball courts, so Nathan already booked one court for the first day of training. He woke up at 6 a.m. just for this. He wore a sleeveless grey shirt with a pair of black basketball shorts and a pair of black Nike basketball shoes

He didn't mind going to this extent to help someone this time since he didn't have anything to do during weekends. Plus, it's been a while since he played in a group since he was always busy.

He looked at the ball in his hands and tossed it in the air a couple of times. "It's been a long time, huh," he mumbled to himself. He reminisced his middle school days when he was the ace during his middle school days. He was voted team captain and he couldn't be anymore prouder that day.

The corners of his mouth turned up at the memories of his carefree days as a little kid. That tiny piece of happiness died as soon as it came when he remembered why he stopped playing.

Middle School Nathan back from Competition

Nathan trained hard every day to stay in shape and to prepare himself for any upcoming basketball competition. The whole school rooted for his team and he felt like he was on top of the world.

That is until one night he just got back home after winning a basketball competition during his last year at middle school.

"Mom, dad, Logan!" Fourteen-year-old Nathan excitedly ran inside his home. Nathan was sweaty all over because he went all out during the matches. He was determined to not stop and that brought the team to victory. Nathan brought back the championship trophy and despite its tall size; Nathan had no trouble carrying it.

He was all smiles. A cheery young teen who loves showing off his achievements to his parents. Nathan ran to the living room but only saw his little brother, Logan, who was twelve at that time. Logan saw Nathan and excitedly ran over to him. "Big brother!"

Nathan smiled widely and embraced him as tightly as Logan did. Logan only reached up to Nathan's chest as Nathan was quite tall at such a young age. "Logan, guess what?" Nathan drawled; a teasing smile played on his lips. Logan jumped up and down excitedly, "Your big bro's team won the basketball competition for our senior year!"

Nathan showed him the tall golden trophy with a figurine of a basketball player in a dunking position. Logan's bright caramel eyes widened at the sight of the trophy. Nathan had dark brown eyes, but they shine when in daylight and when he's happy.

"Hey, lil' bro?" Nathan whispered. Logan looked up at him with a big smile. "Have you seen mom and dad?" He asked.

"I saw the car at the front porch when I got back from school today! I didn't see them though. Maybe they're up in their room."

Nathan opened his mouth to speak but he stopped himself when he saw their father walking down the stairs. Nathan's eyes widened with a happy smile on his face, "Dad!"

Jacob stiffened at the bottom of the stairs when he heard his happy son's voice. He felt his heart race nervously. His palms were sweaty. Nathan and Logan ran over to their father with bright smiles. Jacob felt his chest tightened at the sight of their happy faces. He turned his head away. The guilt was eating him inside.

"Dad! Look what big bro has!" Logan exclaimed as he was rocking on his heels, excitedly. Nathan shoved the trophy up to his father. "My team and I won the basketball competition and I get to keep the trophy!" He boasted as he showed his toothy smile.