Twenty-Six:- Concern Yourself A Little More (REVAMPED)

"Argh! Do you even have an 'off' button?!"

I don't how or why, but this tree girl has done nothing but bug the hell out of me these past few days! Nathan had only managed to find himself peace and quiet at the back of the library. Not just Jadrianne, Theodore and Brad have also been trying to coax Nathan into hanging out again.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Books are easy; at least they don't talk so much or even move," he mumbled.

"But talking to books would make you crazy, though."

Nathan jerked back causing his book to be flipped onto the floor. "Argh! I swear I stopped stealing your apples from your backyard, but they were too delicious, Mrs. Petersen!"

When he finally saw who startled him, he groaned. "Ugh, it's just you." Jadrianne only grinned. Nathan mumbled profanities under his breath as he bent down to pick up his fallen things. "I didn't take you for a cheeky one to steal apples, Nate," she teased as she sat opposite him.

"Shut up, and I told you not to say that name here," Nathan said through gritted teeth. With a sigh, he sat back down and continued to write notes. "Look whatever you do, just be human and don't distract me."

"Roger." She saluted.

It's been only ten minutes and the whole time it was just the sound of Nathan's pen writing against the paper and Jadrianne staring intensely at him. Minute by minute, he was getting irritated being stared at as if he's being stabbed by eye-knives. That's when Nathan had reached his limits so, he slammed his pen against the table.

"SHHHH!"

Forgetting they were in the library he awkwardly bowed at the librarian before growling at Jadrianne in a hushed manner. "When I said don't distract me, I also meant not stupidly staring at me. Don't speak, don't stare, don't anything! It's getting on my nerves," Nathan complained as he clicked his tongue.

"I'm just thinking," Jadrianne told. "Well that's a shocker," Nathan scoffed.

Ignoring his sarcasm, she asked, "By the way, did you hear a certain rumour?" Nathan sighed and continued writing. "The hell do I care about trash talking trash?" He scowled. Him not caring about gossip is no shocker either. Jadrianne thought.

Jadrianne just crossed her arms as she looked out the window. "You're so focused on studying so much; I wonder if you see people as pages walking around."

"Please die."

The mischievous girl chuckled at his response until Nathan noticed her change as her lips tugged into a straight line as her eyes looked afar as if she was pulled by her train of thoughts. Why does she look like somethings bothering her? Nathan wondered as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Flashback

" . . . someone from another school is stalking our school!"

"Rumour has it that she's probably stalking the Demon Nerd."

Flashback End

Fay's words rang in Jadrianne's head. Her chest felt tight as her fists gripped the sleeves of her blue oversized hoodie. Not realizing she was in a daze; Nathan's voice brought her back to earth.

"Oi, weirdo."

Blinking her eyes, Jadrianne turned her head and set her eyes on Nathan who held a scrunched-up face. "Ah, you called?"