Forty-Four:- Cue the Heart Drop

"What the hell is this?" Nathan stares at the ridiculous scene before him after entering his house.

Logan looked up from the floor he was sitting on. "You're back!"

This is my home too, you know. Nathan sighed and closed the door behind him.

"So, what's this?" Nathan asked as he crouched down beside his younger sibling.

Logan shrugged as he held a parcel in his hands while fiddling around with it. "It was at the front door when I came. Since it was still out there, I figured Dad isn't around either."

The younger sibling made a thinking face. "It's weird 'cause it doesn't even have a name." Nathan nodded and patted his brother's head. "Well, I'm gonna go upstairs. It's been a rough day."

"Okay!" Logan exclaimed, "I'm gonna open this then!"

In a blink, Nathan snatched the parcel from the younger one. "Are you crazy?!" He scolded the young one. "It's got no name and you wanna open it?! What if it's some sort of bomb?!"

". . . Bro, what gave you that idea?" Logan sighed as he got up and dusted his legs. "Whatever, then you go open it. I wanna sleep." He stretched as he lets out a yawn. "Today's soccer practice was so intense."

The older sibling was now left alone in the hallway with the mysterious parcel. "Doesn't he know the meaning of 'scammers'?" His nose crinkled as he analysed the parcel in his hands.

He grabs the knife from the kitchen and cuts through the tape. What was inside, was the least he expected to be sent to their house.

"Flowers? You gotta be kidding me."

The brunet grimaced at the sight, but there was something else inside that caught his attention. There sat a card with his name in cursive writing. "The hell?"

He unfolded the card and there he read the contents that just made his night even more confusing than it already was.

┍━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┑

Nathan Howland

You're officially invited to attend a one-day date with Kendal Eyler at the Ocean Lodge. Please be there tomorrow at 10:00 am.

Should you choose to decline, you will be executed.

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

"A date with that damn cocky blondie? That brat seriously is on my death list." He crumpled the card.

Was this why she was on the same path I was just now? He remembered and it angered him. The second she indicated that she was involved with Jadrianne, he wanted to crush her.

A vein popped out of his neck as he dumped the parcel into the trash. "The nerve of kidnapping my girlfriend then invites me on a shucking date? Tch! Fine, I'll show you what happens when you mess with what's mine." He smirked menacingly.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

•Morning Death-*cough* Date•

Without any effort to dress up, the brunet was clad in a black hoodie and slacks, he stood before the so-called Ocean Lodge restaurant. He scoffed at how the premise exudes expensiveness all over.