Eighteen:- The Demon Compromises (REVAMPED)

She could feel it. The irregular beats of the boy's heart who has continued to surprise her ever since they crossed paths. The thumps were noticeably felt from her back as he gave her 'requested' reward. Jadrianne only said it teasingly like the last time she asked him for one.

Jadrianne wondered what the explosive boy was thinking at this moment to do this.

Was my advice this effective? I hope he's not having a fever again. She pondered as she acknowledged the comforting warmth around her. Just then she couldn't help but feel that the warm embrace was so nostalgic to her.

She was aware of the sad and nostalgic feelings keep coming whenever she was around him. All his actions, responses, and even his expressions just reminded her of . . . that person.

Nathan's words snapped her out of her thoughts. "You wanted a hug back then too," he recalled. He remembered, not bad. She acknowledged. "What a belated reward then," She joked. Nathan huffed and pouted at her response, but it was expected of her. "I could punch you right now if I didn't have common sense," he snorted. She shrugged and nodded at the fact.

A few minutes of silence then Jadrianne spoke, "Oh, I forgot to give your reward." Nathan's brows knitted at her words. "Reward for what-"

"Stay still." She gestured.

Despite his suspicions, he complied to her request. "Oi, don't play pranks-."

A gentle pat on his head caught his words. Her hand ruffled his dark locks while they were still in the same position. Speechless, he peeped to see an amused look on her face. "What the-." He stopped himself when she whispered.

"Good job." Her hand retracted from his head. He couldn't retort anything back like he always would. He knew she meant his efforts to right his wrongs. How could he snap when she looked content like that? That's when the blush crept onto his face.

Their little moment stopped once Jadrianne gently unlock his arms from around her. "C'mon, let's go." She tilted her head, still not making eye contact with him.

Why isn't she looking at me? Nathan's gaze just locked on the back of her head. "Huh? Where?"

She sighed, but lightly chuckled at him. "Ah~ To class, dear waiter. Unless you plan to let your grades fall," she teased as she stepped forward first.

When it came to grades, Nathan's radar automatically turns on. "No way in hell that would happen! Move! I'll get there first before you can beat me to it!" With that, the competitive boy was striding ahead, leaving Jadrianne behind.

Watching as his figure ahead, she could only sigh as she dug her hands in her pockets and ambled the same path as he did. I guess studying is his energy booster. She thought as the corner of her mouth quirked up.

"I'm in trouble now."

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

•Basketball Practice•

Skylar High's basketball team is on edge since the basketball tournament was two weeks away and the team's spirit was slowly depleting. Theodore did his very best to keep up the high spirits, but it was no use against the news about their rival school which was one of the powerhouses in the neighbourhood with their new professional coaches.

The boys of the team already felt like they've lost. Even though they knew their school used to be a powerhouse itself for basketball but that remained in history, not the present.