Thirty-Three:- Emotions? Take The Wheel

"Wow, that's a good-looking couple!"

"They definitely came out from Pinterest."

"Man, I want a pretty girlfriend too!"

"He looks like he wanna kill someone though."

Eyes followed the two teens as they walk with their fingers intertwined. Nathan had never felt more under the spotlight than ever. He already felt like dying from the nervousness of his first date and now he had unintentionally grabbed attention again from a few passers-by.

"You have any idea where you're taking us?" Jadrianne's question snapped him out of his thoughts and looked down to her. "Humph! Of course, I know, stupid," he retorted. Jadrianne grinned at the 180° change from a red tomato to a confident guy. "So, where to?"

...

Staring straight at the energetic scenery before her, Jadrianne raised a questioning eyebrow. "I didn't peg you for an amusement park fan."

Nathan clicked his tongue. "I'm not, but the guys said this place would work . . . for our activity," his voice tuned down at the end—scratching the back of his head. Jadrianne stole a glance at him and chuckled when she saw his slight flushed cheeks.

"I knew it. You are a nice guy, Nathan," Jadrianne said, making Nathan look at her and saw that she was playing with her hair with a tint of pink on her cheeks. He stared in awe at another new sight. It was so surprising that he had to look the other way. She spoke again in a small voice, "I'm only like this with you."

She's just a factory of the effective words, huh? He thought.

Nathan cleared his throat. "The guys at the coffee shop helped me plan where to go so, you better be grateful," he sternly said making her smirk. "If you're the one who's a part of the plan then I'll be far from disappointed." She shrugged and looked around as they walked.

Again, she caught him off guard with her words.

"What? Never been to an amusement park before? I got dragged to one by my little brother. He was a ball of energy then . . . Now that I think of it, he still is." Nathan scoffed out a chuckle remembering his childhood days where Logan dragged him around to nearly every amusement ride they could possibly get on that he even remembered the rides to this day.

Unbeknownst to him, Jadrianne could just gaze afar when his words floated in her thoughts. ". . . Well, it can't be helped if I never have."

Nathan was slightly baffled at her answer. This girl . . . No way her life could be . . . restricted than what she let on. He thought as he studied her expression. Even though she claims her parents died, but for a teenager to live alone couldn't possibly mean she's entirely short of money. Plus, he slightly doubts she has a part-time job as he does as far as he knows.

Jadrianne is a girl of mystery.

Children's laughter rang in Nathan's ears as a few of them ran past the two with balloon's floating with strings tied in their grasps. He bit lip as he finally decided.

"Alright well, your stupid self is gonna get that experience whether you like it or not," Nathan proclaimed as he went and pulled on Jadrianne's wrist to their first amusement ride.

Jadrianne looked from his hand then up to Nathan who was scanning his eyes as if to choose the suitable ride for both of them. It was simple, but his subtle effort made her smile.