Seventeen:- Cue the Screams & Sparkles (REVAMPED)

The look in one's face once they have reached their limit is a look that is all too familiar to Jadrianne. With slow careful steps, she walked over to him until she was beside him. All eyes were watching them. Without a word, her hand reached out and her fingers encircled his wrist.

When she did, she turned on her heels. This time, Nathan didn't argue when she touched him. "Hey," She spoke, surprising him. She gave him a comforting smile which made his heart squeeze strangely. "Run." Was all she said before she tugged him, and they dashed down the hallway as the students actually stepped out of their way.

The brunet was a fast runner, so he was fine, but he was shocked to discover Jadrianne was tugging and running without any trouble. He didn't know where she was taking him until he saw they were outside of the school building.

Once they stopped, she let his wrist go. He looked around to see where he was, and he found out she had brought him to the tree behind the school building. He didn't expect for her to drag him all the way here.

He felt the cool breeze hit his skin and it calmed him as he took in a deep breath. He then looked over at Jadrianne who was looking up with an unreadable expression as her hair flowed with the breeze.

Nathan realized she saved him twice now. He didn't even utter the word, but she somehow came, nonetheless. It was as if she heard his cry for help. He looked down at his hand and the image of the guy he grabbed and the way he shoved him which hurt him also made Nathan disappointed with himself.

He was disappointed with the way he acted these past few days. He was disappointed by the way he pushed everyone away. He was disappointed in himself thoroughly. He brought it all upon himself.

It was quiet until Jadrianne spoke, "What about you?"

Nathan was confused, "Huh?" Jadrianne just looked at him and sighed, "You said the guy only acted nice and will soon show his true colours by betraying you." Nathan opened his mouth but closed it once he knew what she meant and looked down to his shoes. "Oh."

She didn't look at him. "So, would you say you showed your true colours back there?" Nathan stiffened and snapped his head to look at her, but he softened and ruffled his hair with both hands.

"No," He answered with gritted teeth. "That was not the real me," He told as his fists were too tight until his veins were exposed. He was angry, but not at them. He was pissed at himself. He felt as though his mind was blocked and unleased a personality that was unnecessary.

"Now, you know how it feels to be really alone." It wasn't a question, but Nathan just nodded, understanding. She gave a small smile before she looked down on the grass.

"Asking for help doesn't make you weak," she started, "Being alone is when you shut people when they see your weakness, even if they don't know it. Regardless of how you see them, there are good people here. That's what being alone is once you've found yourself at a dead end." She looked at him from the corner of her eye.

"The only time being alone is fine is when you accept it. You enjoy being in your own zone, I get that. Sooner or later you need to accept that having others around when you're at your worst is a blessing you may or may not admit," she pointed out while Nathan just listened.

"Everyone needs help too, every once in a while. You can tell if that person's in trouble, so don't hesitate to help them. You'll feel better too, trust me," she lamented at the end. The last part was said so softly Nathan nearly missed it.

The troubled 17-year-old looked at the girl from his peripheral view. Don't make it sounds as though you've been through something before, idiot.