Twenty-One:- Triggered (REVAMPED)

After another hour of practice, Nathan collected information after training the team. Brad was the co-captain of the team which made sense to him since someone as level-headed as Brad was a good contrast to the ambitious cheery captain, Theodore.

Jadrianne was in and out from the boys' court to the court she played with the neighborhood players. Coming to the last session, she stayed to watch them.

The boys of the basketball didn't want to admit, but after training with Nathan, they couldn't help but acknowledge the skills he displayed today. The grumpy guy's attempts were effortless, and his dunks were impressive. When they went up against him, they thought he was going to be pernicious since they're up against their school's top student, the Demon Nerd. It is without a doubt, he was an all-rounder.

Little did Nathan knew he was starting a little Fanclub. The guys were envious, but they admire him, nonetheless. He, on the other hand, couldn't care less. He just wanted to study as much as he can until he graduates and gets into a good university.

"Alright, time out!" Nathan called. The team stopped and grouped in front of him. They were all drenched in sweat. "I think that's enough for one day."

The team moaned in relief. Some high fived and stretched after practicing for the whole morning until noon. "Go clean yourselves up and pack your bags. Your skills are somewhat getting better. Keep up with whatever I taught and you'll be fine," He told before turning to get his bag by the bench where Jadrianne was.

After he said that, Theodore and the rest of the guys exchanged looks before they nodded to a silent agreement. Theodore jogged up to Nathan and stopped him by grabbing his shoulder. He glanced from at the hand and then to the person.

Theodore retracted his hand but stayed in his place. "Hey, Nate-" Nathan cut him off. "I didn't give you permission to call me that," He remarked with a stern look. Theodore put his hands up in surrender and chuckled. "Sorry." Nathan shook his head and gestured for him to continue what he was going to say. "Spit it out."

"Well, you've gone out of your way to help us out, and," Theodore rubbed the back of his head out of nervousness. "We were wondering . . . uh, if you could train with us until the day Inter-High arrives?" He asked with a hopeful look.

"I refuse," He reprobated bluntly on the spot with a fake smile. It was as if a boulder fell on the team. Theodore grabbed the front of Nathan's shirt and cried desperately, "Please! We'll do anything! You're the only hope we have left! Your training is scary, but you even said we're getting better-"

"They still suck somewhat," Nathan pointed out.

Ignoring the comment, Theodore shook Nathan, "Please! We don't wanna fail for our seniors!"

Nathan pushed Theodore's hands from his shirt whilst smoothing it out. "Look, I'm flattered, really," He told despite the blank face. "I trained you, you guys had a revelation, and you're good to go. I'm done," He stated firmly. Theodore wasn't having it; he was perennial to get Nathan to agree. "Please, we'll do whatever you say, as long as you help us out!"

Nathan groaned and rubbed his hand to his face. Does this guy ever take the hint of 'no'? He pondered. He opened his mouth to reject the offer until Jadrianne slid in between the two boys which caught them by surprise.

"Hey what's the big i-" Jadrianne swiftly shut Nathan's lips with her fingers. She turned to him with a smug look on her face and pressed her finger to her lips meaning for him to not speak. He looked at her wide-eyed and smacked her hand away from his lips. "I got this, Demon Nerd." Nathan got annoyed again but she spoke before he could.