Epilogue:- That's All Folks

"You done changing?" Nathan grumbled as he waited outside the fitting room, trying to avoid the gazes of women who were shooting heart eyes at him.

Jadrianne chuckled and then responded to her boyfriend. "Yeah, I think this one would do."

"Good, despite how you are, surprisingly, you still have that girly trait of taking a long time to choose clothes," Nathan commented, bluntly.

The dark-haired girl poked her head through the fitting room drapes. "You traumatised by that?" She asked. The hotheaded male only clicked his tongue. "Ever since meeting you, I've been nothing but traumatised," he retorted.

As always, Jadrianne knew his words meant differently. "I love you too, Nate."

Nathan's face flushed as red as the insides of fresh watermelon. "Shut it," he grumbled, "A-Anyways, hurry up and bring out the clothes so, I can pay 'em."

"Alright, but I'm gonna need your input for this one," Jadrianne mentioned which made the brunet groan but complied with the request.

"I'd say just wear whatever you have there. I saw that one the mannequin wore on display. You thought it was nice but no, we had to enter the shop and try it all."

Jadrianne silently chuckled at Nathan's ranting. Would you even come in if I hadn't said I'd go alone? Overprotective? Indifferent? I wonder if he has a 4D personality. Well, more time to know it.

"But, whatever it is, this better be the last fitting. Nothing's gonna change no matter how many you try on-"

He got cut off the minute Jadrianne pushed the drapes to the side and stepped out in the outfit she wore. 

It was as if an arrow stabbed Nathan's chest

It was as if an arrow stabbed Nathan's chest. He stood frozen and Jadrianne went up in front of him. She reached up to poke his cheek. 

"You okay?" She asked then looked down at her dress. "So far, this is the most appropriate one I found. This would suit the graduation ceremony, don't you think?"

Nathan gasped as he snapped out of it. He cleared his throat, acting as if he wasn't lost for words. He didn't want to admit that the dress did her just right, but him and his ego, he settled for one answer; bad choice at that.

"I-It's . . . okay."

Immediately the sound of gasps was heard, he turned around to see it was the women who were gawking at him earlier. This time the hearts left their eyes.

"I bet this girl did her best to choose this dress, young man!" One lady scolded as she came to Jadrianne's left side, holding onto the girl's arms. 

Soon more and more ladies crowded Jadrianne, comforting her with words and insulting Nathan at the same time. Jadrianne didn't find Nathan's words offensive at all since it was his way to hide his shyness.

She wanted to clear the misunderstanding but looking over at Nathan, she held herself back, wondering what he'd do in this situation. Jadrianne will hold back to see where she'd intervene if it does go too far.

Another girl went to Jadrianne's right side. "How could you treat your friend this way? She's beautiful in this dress and 'okay' isn't gonna suffice it!"

What the hell is going on here? They're touching her like no one's business.

"Oi, hang on a sec-"

"Who raised you to be rude to your friend!"

It went on and on and Nathan's face was getting flustered as time goes by. Slightly guilty, Jadrianne wanted to speak up to clear the misunderstanding. However, before she could, she got pulled away from the huddle of the women.

"Get your damn hands off my girlfriend!"

Nathan wrapped his arms around Jadrianne, close to his chest. Surprising the latter at his sudden actions. However, chuckled to herself at the outcome of holding herself back.

Jadrianne lifted her head a bit to look up at him. Happiness filled her eyes when she saw the red-faced Nathan. With that, she wrapped her own arms around him; catching him off guard instead and spoke to the ladies in the shop. 

"Thank you, everyone, but that's just how my boyfriend is. I wouldn't change it for a thing."

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Whatever possessed you to do that back at the shop, should possess you more often," Jadrianne teased.

Nathan rubbed his face in embarrassment. "I swear, it's like you let me get humiliated on purpose."

Walking hand in hand, the two made their way back to Jadrianne's place for dinner. "I can't deny that. Your tomato face does bring me some kind of satisfaction," she admits, coyly.

Looking down at her face, he realises there was no hint of guilt on her; which comes as no surprise to him, considering the countless times she has teased him. He wonders how he could keep up with it.

"Nathan, thanks for staying with me," Jadrianne said, making Nathan wonder. She continued, "My once black and white life has always been static."

Jadrianne recalled her childhood, her brother, the day she met Nathan and the time she moved to her new school.

"But now, being with you made it grey," she said, smiling up at him, "Your reactions to my teasing moments, your smile, your frustration and your honesty. I want them all to be mine alone."

Ah, there it is. The face I like. Jadrianne thought.

"Wow, so red." She laughed.

Nathan wanted to retort back, but seeing her smile in delight, he decides to give in this time. 

"Same here, idiot."

══════════════════

COMPLETE!

It's finally come to an end! This marks the end of this story. I feel glad because I need to move on from this book. It gave me too many memories for many years.

I didn't expect a number of y'all to like it. However, this time, I'm just gonna focus on improving my writing by going for fanfics now. This story started off with me in my teens wanting to write, and I thought of ending it way earlier but yeah, in a way the ending is different than what I expected, but I have to leave.

I'll see you all again with another work one day. Feel free to check out my other works if you'd like; mostly fanfics. 

Thank you for reading and staying on this journey.