Jughead Jones | Prankster

Summary: you prank jughead by wearing clothes in the shower and you just sit there and cry until he comes in

This was requested, thank you!! I'm still working on the other two stories you sent in

Warnings: None

Word Count: 644

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Archie, listen to me," you gushed over the phone, your voice full of excitement. "I have the best idea ever!"

"Oh no," Archie replied, a hint of wariness in his tone. "What are you up to now?"

"I'm about to prank Jug into thinking I'm really sad," you whispered, stepping into the bathroom. "I'm gonna sit in the shower fully clothed and just fake cry. When he gets home from the Serpent meeting, he'll come in and ask me what's wrong."

You chuckled mischievously, relishing in the prospect of pulling one over on your boyfriend. "Can you imagine the look on his face?"

"Shouldn't you be at the Serpent meeting?" Archie asked, his voice betraying his amusement at your mischievous antics. "I mean, you are the Serpent Queen after all."

"Oh yeah, I had homework to finish before the meeting," you replied airily, plopping yourself down in the shower. "So, that's why I'm home right now."

Archie chuckled at your audacity. "Right, well, good luck with your prank, Y/N. I'm sure Jug will have a fun time dealing with this."

"Oh, he'll love it," you replied, a wide grin spreading across your face. "It's gonna be hilarious, just wait."

———

Twenty minutes passed as you sat in the shower, fully clothed, listening to tear-jerking music and waiting for Jughead to come home. Your prank was set, and you were eager for the payoff.

"Y/N! I'm home!" Jughead called out from the front door, finally signaling his arrival.

"Where are you?" he yelled, his footsteps thundering up the stairs as he searched for you.

He found you sitting in the bathroom, tears streaming down your face. "Y/N, what's wrong?" he asked, instantly concerned. "Why are you in the shower, fully clothed?"

Jughead stepped into the shower and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you close in a protective embrace. "Talk to me, babe. What happened?" he pleaded, his forehead pressed against yours.

Here's the rephrased version:

"I... I don't know why," you replied, sniffling and trying to hold back fresh tears. "I'm just... sad."

Jughead looked at you with a concerned expression. "Why are you sad? Did something happen?"

You shook your head. "I don't know. I just am, for some reason."

"Is that why you're sitting in the shower?" he asked.

"Yeah," you nodded. "I'm sorry if it seems weird, I just... I don't know."

"It's okay, Y/N," Jughead reassured you. "Let's take a real shower, get you cleaned up, and put on a movie. Maybe that'll help you feel better."

Your heart melted at his kindness, and you felt a pang of guilt for tricking him. "You're too sweet, Jughead," you murmured, averting your gaze. "I should probably tell you..."

"Jug?" You look at him.

"Yeah?" Jughead asked, slightly confused by your sudden change in demeanor.

"I'm sorry," you giggled, wrapping your arms around him. "This is a prank."

Jughead let out a breath of relief, his heart rate returning to normal. "Jeez, Y/N. You really had me going there," he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Really? Why?" you asked, a sly smile playing on your lips.

Jughead hesitated, then took your hand in his. "Well... I like you a lot, Y/N. And I don't like seeing you sad or upset. It just breaks my heart."

You felt a warmth spread through your chest at his confession, your smile widening. "I'm glad you care about me, Jughead," you murmured, gazing into his eyes. "Maybe I'll think twice about pranking you in the future."

Jughead laughed. "Please do. My heart can only take so much, you know?"