Jughead Jones | Pushing The Limits

Summary: you've been studying all night for the past week without getting any sleep. jughead has constantly told you to get rest, but with finals coming up, it's hard.

Warning(s): fatigue, overworked reader

Word Count: 554

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Alright, let's do this," you muttered, rubbing your tired eyes. "Three more chapters to read, about 460 pages. If I really buckle down, I should be done before 2 a.m."

With a groan, you cracked open the textbook and began reading, your eyelids growing heavier with each passing page. Your mind started to wander, and it took all your remaining energy to focus. The clock struck midnight, and you hadn't made as much progress as you'd hoped. You let out a long yawn, knowing that this relentless studying wasn't healthy. But with finals looming, there was no time for sleep.

"Y/n? You home?" Jughead asks through your window, and you turn around to open it.

"Hey, Jug. Come in," you let him in.

"Hey, what're you doing?" he walked up to your desk and noticed that you had all your books and notes scattered across.

"Studying for finals. I cant fuck up, I'm already on Mr.Kimps bad side. I need to study for Chem."

Jughead frowned, his concern deepening. "When was the last time you had something to eat or drink?" he asked, his voice gentle but firm.

You tried to think, but your mind was too foggy from lack of sleep. "I... I'm not sure," you admitted sheepishly.

Jughead shook his head. "That's not good enough, Y/n. You need to take care of yourself, even during finals week. I'll be right back," he said, disappearing into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, he returned with a plate of sliced apples and a glass of ice water. "Here," he said, placing the plate and glass on your desk. "Eat this, and drink the water. I know you prefer sliced apples."

His kindness and thoughtfulness warmed your heart, and you felt a wave of gratitude wash over you. "Thank you, Jughead," you said, taking a slice of apple and popping it into your mouth. "You're always looking out for me."

Jughead smiled, his eyes soft with affection.

"So you've been staying up until 3 a.m. for how long now?" Jughead asked, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"A few nights. I just get so caught up in studying, I lose track of time," you admitted, feeling a pang of guilt for neglecting your health.

Jughead let out a sigh. "Babe, you need sleep. You can't function properly if you're not getting rest." He guided you over to the bed, sitting down next to you. "Look, I know finals are important, but you're no good to yourself or your exams if you're burned out and exhausted."

You nodded, feeling tears threaten to spill over. "I know, I know. But I've been so stressed and worried about them, I haven't been able to sleep."

Jughead wrapped an arm around your shoulders. "How about this? Since it's the weekend, let's go to bed now. And I'll take you to lunch tomorrow and study with you."

"That would be great. I would love that."

"Good, now let's get under the covers," you both get under and he pulls you closer to him.

"i love you."

"i love you to, y/n."