Veronica Lodge | Three Magic Words

Summary: you say i love you to veronica for the first time.

Warnings: None

Word Count: 442

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Three years had passed since you and Veronica started dating, and yet the words 'I love you' had never been spoken between you. You often wondered if it was normal, if other couples were saying it sooner, and whether or not it meant that Veronica's feelings had changed.

Thoughts like these frequently occupied your mind. Did Veronica still love you the same way she had when she asked you out? Did she even love you at all, or was she just comfortable with the status quo? You knew it was only a matter of time before you had to ask yourself a more difficult question: could you stay in a relationship without hearing those three little words?"

You sighed, trying to come up with a plausible answer, but your mind was still swimming with your thoughts about your relationship. 'Babe?' Veronica prompted again.

'Hm?' you replied, trying to look nonchalant.

'What were you thinking about?' she asked, a soft smile playing on her lips.

You cleared your throat, struggling to come up with a response. 'Just...life.'

'Life?' Veronica repeated, clearly unconvinced. 'What about life?'

She rubbed her hand on your arm, her concern evident. You knew she could see right through you, and you knew you had to be honest.

You swallowed, your throat suddenly dry. 'Uh...just our future, I guess.'

Veronica raised an eyebrow, intrigued. 'Oh?' she prompted, urging you to elaborate.

'Yeah,' you mumbled, unable to meet her gaze.

'Hey,' she said, gently reaching out to turn your face towards hers. 'Is everything okay?'

You looked into her eyes, filled with concern, and you knew she had seen right through you. She had always been able to read you like a book, which was both a blessing and a curse in moments like these.

You take a deep breath, mustering up all the courage you have. 'Yeah. I just want to say something.'

Veronica nods, her expression encouraging. 'Okay, go ahead.'

You swallow once more, steeling yourself for what you're about to say. 'I love you, Veronica.'

She smiles, her eyes shining with joy. 'I love you too, y/n.'

You feel your heart swell with relief, but you can't quite believe it yet. 'Really?'

'Really,' Veronica confirms, leaning in to hold your hand. 'I'm so in love with you. I'm in love with every little thing you do.'"

I kiss her slowly. Her lips were soft, and the kiss felt electric. Almost like the first time. And I never wanted the moment to end. She's going to be mine forever.