Charles Smith | Best Friends Brother Pt 3

Summary: You've been growing closer to Charles since your first date, but recently he's been ignoring you and giving you the cold shoulder. You're frustrated and confused by his behavior, and you're determined to get to the bottom of it.

Warnings: Miscommunication?

Word Count: 475

As the day comes to an end, you're eager to attend the FBI class and see Charles. You've been getting closer lately, but his recent behavior has been puzzling and frustrating. He's been ignoring you and giving you the cold shoulder, leaving you confused and upset.

"Hey Betts, you ready to go?" you ask, eager to get to the bottom of things.

"Sure thing, let's go," Betty replies, smiling as the two of you drive to the class.

When you arrive at the office, Charles greets Betty with a casual "Hey," and she asks him what you'll be working on during the class.

"Just finishing up the notes we were working on last class," Charles replies, his tone neutral and unreadable.

"Sounds good."

You greet Charles with a simple "Hey," but he turns away from you, refusing to make eye contact. You're hurt and frustrated by his behavior, but you try to keep your cool.

"Fine, be that way," you say, rolling your eyes.

Charles snaps at you, "Go sit down. Class is starting."

Throughout the class, Charles continues to ignore you, even when you raise your hand to answer questions. You're starting to wonder what you did wrong to deserve this treatment.

Finally, the class comes to an end. Charles announces that next class will be a test on unit one, and then you'll move on to unit two.

As everyone else leaves the room, you linger behind, determined to get some answers from Charles.

"Y/N, class is over," he says, trying to dismiss you.

"Oh, I know," you say, standing your ground. "I need to talk to you. What's going on with you? Why are you ignoring me?"

Charles tries to brush you off, saying, "Nothing. Just leave."

But you refuse to back down. "Charles! Talk to me!" you demand, putting your foot down.

Charles finally relents and confesses, "I'm scared of losing you! I'm scared that you're going to leave me!" His voice trembles with emotion, and you can see the fear in his eyes.

You reach out and caress his cheek, offering him reassurance. "I'm not going to leave you, there's no way. Believe me," you say, your eyes full of tenderness.

Charles looks up at you, his gaze vulnerable and uncertain. "You promise?" he asks.

"I promise," you respond firmly. "And I don't break my promises."

Charles takes a deep breath, letting your words sink in. "Okay, I believe you," he says, finally letting go of his fears.

"I'm not going anywhere," you say with a warm smile, reaching up to kiss him tenderly.