Family ties | Beronica

Requested from the prompts: #12: - "We're more of a family to you, than they are."

Warnings: Family drama, slight language

Word Count: 482

Authors note: thank you for the request! Hope you enjoy!

Veronica and Betty sat in Veronica's office, the silence punctuated only by the soft ticking of the clock

Veronica and Betty sat in Veronica's office, the silence punctuated only by the soft ticking of the clock. Betty's head was in her hands, her shoulders slumped in defeat as she struggled to process the events of the previous night.

Veronica watched her with concern, her heart aching at the sight of Betty's distress. Gently, she reached out and placed a comforting hand on Betty's hand, rubbing in a circular motion.

"Betty," Veronica said softly, her voice filled with empathy. "You know that we're more of a family to you, than they are, right? You've always been there for me, through thick and thin. And I'll always be here for you, too."

Betty looked up, her eyes meeting Veronica's, and saw nothing but sincerity and love in her gaze. A small, grateful smile touched her lips.

Betty continued, her voice trembling slightly. "I'm used to my mom being protective, but last night... it was like she was a different person. She was so distant and cold, and it felt like she didn't even know me anymore."

Veronica listened attentively, her hand still resting on Betty's. "That must have been really tough for you, Betty. It's never easy when the people we love act in ways we don't understand. But remember, you're not alone in this. I'm here for you, no matter what."

Betty took a deep breath and nodded, grateful for Veronica's unwavering support. "I just can't shake the feeling that something is really wrong," she said, her brow furrowed in worry. "It's like my mom has been replaced by a stranger."

As Betty poured her heart out to Veronica, they both felt a comforting presence enter the room. Hermione Lodge stood behind Veronica, her hand resting reassuringly on her daughter's shoulder. In recent weeks, Hermione had been a pillar of support for both Veronica and Betty, providing the motherly guidance and understanding that Betty so desperately needed.

"Thank you, Hermione," Betty whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "I don't know what I would do without you both."

Veronica immediately rose from her seat, rounding the desk to wrap her arms around Betty in a warm, comforting embrace. Betty clung to her, burying her face in Veronica's shoulder as tears began to fall. In that moment, Veronica's embrace felt like the safest place in the world, a refuge from the pain and confusion Betty had been carrying.

As they stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, Betty wished the hug would never end.

"Wanna have a movie night? Like the old times?" Veronica asked, her hand moving to wipe the tears from Betty's cheeks.

Betty sniffled and nodded, a small smile creeping into her face. "Yeah, like old times."