Veronica Lodge | When the truth comes out

Based on this: "can you do a veronica x reader where they are in a secret relationship and everyone finds out on accident"

Warning: None

Word Count: 448

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

It was Veronica's birthday, and as her girlfriend, you wanted to make it special for her. Even though you were keeping your relationship a secret, you knew that you couldn't let the day pass without acknowledging it in some way.

So, you headed to Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe with a bouquet of roses in hand. As you pulled up to the shop, you took a deep breath, preparing yourself for the charade. After all, no one knew about your relationship with Veronica, and you wanted to keep it that way for now.

But as you opened the door to Pop's, Veronica spotted you immediately. She looked surprised and delighted, and before you could say a word, she had thrown her arms around you.

'Happy birthday,' you said, handing her the flowers.

'Thank you,' she replied, her smile lighting up her face. 'These are beautiful.'

Without thinking, she leaned in and gave you a quick kiss. You were caught off guard, but you couldn't help but return the gesture, all thoughts of discretion forgotten.

You took a seat at one of the stools at the counter, and Veronica turned to make you a hot chocolate. As she worked, you watched her, marveling at the way the light caught her hair, the way she hummed to herself as she worked.

'I get off in a few,' she said, glancing over her shoulder at you. 'Are we still going to your house to watch movies and lay in bed all night?'

You nodded, unable to keep the smile from your face. 'Yup!' you replied. 'I've got something else for you at the house.'

Veronica raised an eyebrow. 'Oh?' she asked, curious.

Before you could answer, the bell over the door jingled, signaling the arrival of new customers. You turned to see Jughead and Betty standing side by side, both wearing knowing smiles.

'Hey guys!' you said, greeting them.

'Happy birthday, Vee.' Jughead and Betty took the seats next to you, both eyeing the bouquet of roses on the counter.

'Who got you roses?' Jughead asked, his tone teasing. 'Archie?'

Veronica shook her head, a blush creeping up her cheeks. 'No,' she said, glancing at you. 'Someone else.'

Jughead's eyes widened, and he looked back and forth between you and Veronica, a grin spreading across his face. 'Are you guys dating?' he asked, disbelief and excitement mingling in his voice.

You blushed, but you couldn't hide the smile that was threatening to split your face in two. 'Yeah,' you said, glancing at Veronica. 'We are.'