Sweetpea | The Serpents Gaze

Summary: you visit your brother Jughead and a certain serpent catches your eye

Warnings: none

Word Count: 358

You pulled into the gravel driveway, ending the phone call with your brother

You pulled into the gravel driveway, ending the phone call with your brother. 'Jug, I'm here. You're at the trailer, right?' you had asked.

'Mhm. I got a few friends here, but they're cool,' he had replied.

'They better be. I might kick them out if they're rude,' you had joked, a laugh escaping your lips.

As you stepped into Jughead's trailer, you couldn't help but notice the three guys sitting on the couch. Jughead smiled at you, but your gaze immediately lingered on the other two strangers.

One of them, a tall, lean guy with a leather jacket and dark hair, caught your eye. He was exactly your type.

Jughead stood up and gave you a hug. 'Guys,' he said, gesturing to you, 'this is my sister, Y/n. Y/n, meet Fangs and Sweetpea.'

'Hey, y'all,' you said, giving them a friendly wave.

Fangs smiled back at you, while Sweetpea leaned forward, his gaze playful. 'We were just talking about going to Pop's,' he said, raising an eyebrow. 'Wanna join us?'

You nodded, a smile playing on your lips. 'Sounds fun,' you said. 'I can drive us.'

'Shotgun!' Sweetpea yelled, jumping up and winking at you.

You chuckled, feeling a slight flutter in your stomach. 'Alright, everyone pile in,' you said, grabbing your keys.

You gave Jughead a reassuring smile.

'Sweetpea...' Jug started.

'It's fine, Jug. You said these guys were cool.'

Jughead sighed, but relented. 'Fine,' he said, casting a glance in Sweetpea's direction. 'But if you so much as look at her...'

'I got it,' Sweetpea replied, holding up his hands in mock surrender. 'No funny business.'

You laughed, feeling the butterflies in your stomach start to flutter as Sweetpea walked out to the car. You got in next to him, feeling a spark of chemistry between you.

Later that night, as you hung out at Pop's, the thought of Sweetpea's number kept dancing in your mind. 'Maybe I'll ask for it before the night's over,' you thought to yourself, a playful smile on your lips.