Toni Topaz | Love Between the Lines

Summary: You're in love with your sisters best friend

Warning(s): None

Word Count: 559

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Oh my God, Jug, look at her!" you practically swooned as Toni Topaz walked by, her dark hair swinging in the wind.

Jughead just sighed, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, I know, you tell me every day," he said, nudging you. "But don't you think Cheryl might have a problem with her best friend dating her sister?"

You shrugged. "Maybe, but Cheryl's opinions don't dictate my love life," you shot back, feeling a surge of defiance. "If she can't accept it, then that's on her. I'm allowed to love who I want without her permission."

Jughead gave you a pointed look. "You're serious about this, aren't you? You really think you and Toni could be a thing?"

"I hope so. She's smart, funny, and seriously hot. What more could I want?" you said, your voice filled with longing.

Jughead gave you an encouraging smile as you both settled in with the rest of the gang. "You do you, I support you," he said, giving your arm a squeeze.

Just then, Kevin Keller piped up, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "So, Y/n, I heard you've got a little crush on Toni Topaz," he said bluntly, taking a bite of his salad.

You rolled your eyes good-naturedly. "Well, yeah, it's true. Is it really that big of a deal?"

Veronica and Kevin exchanged a knowing look. "Oh no, not a big deal at all," Veronica drawled, her smile turning sly. "In fact, I think it's absolutely adorable! And Kevin and I might just have to play a little matchmaker, don't you think, Kev?"

"Oh, absolutely," Kevin agreed, rubbing his hands together. "This could be a whole new chapter of Riverdale drama, and we're just the ones to write it."

"Oh yes we do, kev!''

"C'mon, guys. i can do it by myself."

"Whatever you say girly."

~~~~~~~~~

after lunch you were determined to ask Toni out. You're only fear was rejection. Your heart was beating so fast that it could have exploded.

You noticed that Toni was by her locker alone. This was your chance.

"hey,Toni."

"Hey! What's up?"

"I was uh, wondering if you would wanna go on a date? I know Cheryl probably wont be too happy but I would really enjoy hanging out with you..."

She pauses before speaking, "Yeah, why not?"

"Actually?" You were surprised to say the least. You didn't expect her to say yes, considering Cheryl's protectiveness over the both of you.

"Yeah. why don't we go to pops or a drive in?"

"That would be awesome, I'll just text you the details then?"

"Sounds good. See you later, Y/n," the both of you hug and go your separate ways, excited for what the future holds, and excited for new adventures together. despite what cheryl has to say.

omg, i'm sorry this took so freaking long. I've been so busy with school lately I haven't had time to myself. I hope this is what you wanted!

keep in mind if you send me requests just know it may take me a little before I respond or get to it. During the week of christmas I won't be writing because I'll be spending time with family. But until then requests are open! I will be takin holiday themes too!