Jughead Jones x Andrews! Reader| Unbelievable; Part One

Summary: The mysterious explosion at the Andrews house has everyone rattled, especially Jughead Jones

Warnings: Spoilers for season 6 if you haven't seen it. Explosions and injuries

Word Count: 506

As Betty and Archie occupied his bedroom, you and Jughead retreated to the garage, immersing yourselves in the creation of Jughead's newest tale

"Do you think this line is good here?" Jughead asks you as he types away.

"Yeah, that looks good to me!"

In the blink of an eye, your peaceful world is ripped apart. Without warning, the windows of the garage explode, sending shards of glass raining down.

The entire house reverberates as if shaken by a giant hand. Instinctively, you and Jughead dive under the sturdy work table. As you cling to each other for protection, you can only wonder what on earth could have caused this violent disruption.

•••

Half an hour later, still in a state of disbelief, you find yourself standing in the Coopers' kitchen, recounting the events of the past hour to a stunned Alice.

"We were just working on Jughead's story when the whole house shook," you stammer, still in shock from the events that unfolded. "We didn't know what was happening, so we just ducked under the table to protect ourselves."

Alice's face pales as she absorbs the news. "Was anyone hurt? What caused the explosion?" Her questions come in a rapid-fire succession, but you can only shake your head.

Betty speaks up, "I got a phone call, it wasn't very clear but they just said we needed to get out of the house."

Your heart skips a beat at Betty's words. The mystery deepens with every passing moment. 'Who called you?' you ask, trying to remain composed.

'I don't know,' Betty replies. "They didn't give a name or number. They just said that we needed to leave the house immediately. I... I thought it was a prank at first."

Jughead's reassuring grip on your hand provides a sliver of comfort in the midst of all the chaos. The four of you exchange worried glances as you try to make sense of what's happening.

As you listen to the ongoing conversation between Betty, Alice, and Jughead, you feel Jughead's breath on your ear as he quietly whispers, "You're not hurt, right?"

You turn to face him, offering a slight shake of your head in reply. "No... I don't think so, but with all this adrenaline pumping through me, it's hard to tell if I've been hurt or not."

He nods in understanding, offering a small smile as he brings your hand to his lips, pressing a gentle kiss to the back of your hand in a silent gesture of affection.

"Well I think the four of you need to go to the hospital."

Jughead's expression tightens as he thinks about the potential costs. "I don't have insurance for that... but Y/n, you should go, just in case. Better safe than sorry, right?"

You nod in agreement. "Maybe I should, just to be sure."

(part two next!)