Archie Andrews | Caught in the crossfire

Summary: Archie's girlfriend gets a call from Jughead when he gets into another close call fight with the Southside

Warning(s): arguments

Word Count: 363

Authors Note: Thank you for the request! Hope you enjoy :)

You and Archie had been bickering all week, little arguments that seemed to pile up until the tension was apparent

You and Archie had been bickering all week, little arguments that seemed to pile up until the tension was apparent. After hearing that Archie got into a fight in the Southside your mind raced with worry.

When he finally got to your house after school, you couldn't help but confront him about it. The worry and fear bubbling inside you. "What were you thinking? You could've gotten seriously hurt!" you said, the concern in your voice evident.

Archie, still stirred up from the incident, bristled at your concern as he placed his backpack on your couch, "I'm fine, okay? I can handle myself. You don't need to worry about me."

"But what if you hadn't been fine? I can't lose you! You know how the south side can be!" Your voice broke, and your head hung low not wanting to meet his eyes.

Archie's shoulders sagged, his anger deflating as he realized the depth of your concern and fear. He pulled you into his arms, holding you tightly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you. I just wanted to stand up for you. The way they were talking about you and spreading rumors made my blood boil."

You returned the embrace, relieved that he was safe. "I know, and I love how protective you are, but please be careful, okay? I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you."

Archie kisses the top of your head gently, pulling you back to meet your eyes and wipe a few tears that had fallen. "Tonight is supposed to be movie night. Are you still wanting to do that, or just head to bed?"

"I totally forgot about movie night, I'm so sorry. Let's do movie night tonight. I'll grab the snacks and blankets," You smile at Archie leaving him to get what you need. Afterwards you join him on the couch and the two of you are cuddled against each other with his arm wrapped around you.