twenty five.

vote & comment pls ):<
_________________

"hey, stranger." said eric with a sly grin when he arrived at aimee's with otis in tow. i waved, or tried to wave because my hands were quite full with essential sleepover stuff. you know, 5 extra pairs of underwear in case i accidentally shit myself 5 times, an extra pillow, two phone chargers, a first aid kit (because you never know), and a carton of eggs.

they quickly parked their bikes next to mine and otis came to my rescue, grabbing the eggs from the tower of unnecessary stuff in my arms.

"why did you bring eggs?" asked eric, looking at the green carton in otis' hands curiously, as if he had never seen eggs before.
"why did you not bring eggs?", i encountered with a playful glare and he quickly raised his hands in defense.

"someone ring the doorbell. quick, before i drop everything."

"but we're a little bit early, don't you think?" eric asked nervously as if he hadn't been at aimee's before. otis shook his head in disagreement, moving towards the doorbell, but eric grabbed his arm with a stern look. "what? on time is late, we're perfectly timed."

"can we not do this again, please? my arms are gonna drop off, just ring the doorbell!", i groaned, moving to kick eric's leg but before that could happen, another presence made itself known.

"evening, losers and evie," greeted maeve with a curiously quirked eyebrow. i almost wanted to roll my eyes at her excluding me in her greetings, because it was just so typical, but i didn't.

"woah, what happened to your neck?", otis asked immediately, making me and eric give each other a look as if to say 'you're arranging the funeral, i'll do the speech'.

"i left my wardrobe open and the boogeyman choked me in my sleep," she replied sarcastically with a slight shake of her head, grabbing one of my pillows, that was threatening to fall onto the muddy floor, at the last second. "seriously, otis. what do you think?"

much to eric's dismay, maeve went to ring the doorbell, but he kept quiet this time. "what, so she's allowed to ring the doorbell?" otis asked with a childish grunt. "we've been over this, otis. she's cool."

maeve smiled from beside me, obviously amused by my two best friends' conversation. "don't let it get to your head, you're not that cool," i teased, nudging her with my shoulder.

"i'll drop your pillow into the mud," she threatened, tapping around on her phone before pulling her headphones out her ears. "whatcha listening to?"

"don't talk like that," she responded with a teasing grin, turning her phone towards me. scary love - the neighbourhood

okay. very deep, maeve.

"i didn't know you listen to the neighbourhood," i said as aimee opened the door with a beaming smile. "well i'm not anymore. i turned it off, if you couldn't tell.", she replied dumbly, obviously only to annoy me.

"smartass," i mocked, sticking my tongue out at her. i couldn't quite catch her reaction because i was suddenly pulled into a very weird hug from aimee, my arms were still full with the very necessary sleepover stuff i brought, after all.

"evie's brought her whole household with her," maeve teased as aimee moved over to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. if i hadn't been the cause of maeve's hideous looking neck, i probably would've felt a little jealous right now. especially after knowing that the two of them had history together, if you know what i mean.