twenty two.

please VOTE and COMMENT !!

________________

the smell of freshly changed sheets and cheap boys cologne filled my nose as i slowly pried eyes open.

when realizing that i was not in my bedroom, a feeling of shock filled my body for a quick second and i found myself thinking about worst case scenarios.

what if i had gotten so drunk that i'd actually went to bed with a guy?

or even worse, what if i had been drugged? though unlikely in my case, a girl my age sadly had to worry about that.

as my eye adjusted to the sun shining through the window, i relaxed for a second.

i was at otis'.

then, a new wave of panic shot through me.

what if me and otis...?

oh no.

surely i wouldn't have.

not even in my state.

right?

i sat up abruptly, scanning the room for a sign of otis.

when i found him uncomfortably cramped onto an armchair, still sleeping, i relaxed again.

he probably just got me here for safety, right?

yes.

with aching joints and a crack of my neck, i slowly got out of the bed and put on my jeans that were, for some reason, laying on the floor next to the bed.

i just hoped that i'd taken them off myself and not otis.

as i squeezed back into my jeans clumsily, otis awoke finally.

"morning," he groaned as he stretched, his body making unhealthy sounding popping sounds.

"hi."

"you vomited on lisa's couch after we played never have i ever in the basement. got black out drunk after, i guess. i only saw you at the end to get you home," he explained, seemingly aware of the questions burning on the tip of my tongue.

"oh no," i groaned, throwing my body back onto the bed and burying my face in my hands in embarrassment.

"me and casey cleaned it up, don't worry."

"thank you," i mumbled from under my hands.

with a crack of his knees otis stood up from the armchair and threw on a random hoodie he found on the floor.

"you can go shower if you want, i'll go downstairs to see if we have anything to eat."

i just nodded, still hiding my face in my hands and only looked up once i heard the door shut.

after i'd showered, regretfully having to use otis' 2 in 1 shampoo because nowadays you could never trust a boy to have separate shampoo and body wash, i stole one of otis' sweatshirts (my own top smelled horribly of sweat and vomit) and lazily stepped down the stairs, my joints still aching.

"morning, dear," said jean with her motherly voice as i sat down at the table and downed a cup of orange juice.

"toast?" she asked and i shook my head, stomach turning at the thought of food.

"no, thanks."

"i hope you had fun last night?" she asked more than stated, probably due to my current state.

i shrugged. "well, the first half was fun."

jean nodded. "and you, darling?"

"yes, mum. it was very fun," otis said as he tried to swallow his toast as quickly as possible.