six.

three weeks have passed since maeve had her abortion.

three weeks since school had started.

three weeks since i found new friends, who might possibly be the best friends i've ever had.

three weeks, that's how long it took me to realize i undeniably had a crush on maeve.

the very first time i realized it, was when jackson of all people approached me and asked me to help him make maeve his girlfriend.

otis, eric and i were sitting in the library, when eric suddenly spotted him.

"jackson is so hot." he said, when he walked past the glass wall we were sitting in front of.

"jackson is looking at us, god."

we all turned around and jackson was directly walking towards us.

"jackson's approaching us." he whispered and jackson stopped.

"mind if i join you?" he asked.

"jackson's here."

"you know maeve, right?" jackson looked at me, then otis.

"well, yeah." i answered and he immediately turned his head to look at me again.

"ah, phoebe, right?"

"uh.." i gave eric and otis a confused look. what was this about?

"evie, actually." i corrected.

"so, i need your help. well, maeve and i, we're, you know,—"

"—boning." eric interrupted.

"yeah. and it's great, but i sort of realized that i want her to hang around with me more. you know, afterwards."

"after the boning." eric said.

"yeah, so i thought you could help me out." jackson looked at me expectantly.

eric and i shared a very confused look, meanwhile otis just sat there, looking uneasy.

"you want her to help you get maeve to be your girlfriend?" eric then asked.

"yeah."

"yeah, uhm, i don't really know what i can do." i said.

i didn't want this guy to be her boyfriend, i really didn't. couldn't some guy with at least a little bit of more knowledge, than just knowing how to swim really fast, ask me that? i would probably be more willing to help out then, even though i thought that, if you didn't know how to get someone to be your girlfriend or boyfriend, then you shouldn't be in a relationship with them at all.

jackson was nice and all, but not the right fit for maeve in my opinion.

jackson chuckled. "well, i mean you're her friend. and i heard you sort of give out sex advice."

"well, that's more otis' thing to be honest, i just help here and there."

"oh!" jackson raised his eyebrows and turned to face otis now. "so, can you help me, then?"

otis stayed silent, looking confused. we all were confused at this point. who the hell asks the friends of the person you're shagging for advice on how to make them your girlfriend?

"i mean i can pay, if that's the problem." he said as he reached into his jacket and pulled out some money that he then gave to otis.