twelve.

the weekend was actually quite fun, even though i cried my eyes out saturday night because i knew maeve hated me now.

in all my despair i then called ola and we both sneaked outside to go stargazing like we did at the ball on friday.

i told her what happened and she didn't try to make any moves, which i appreciated.

so we were just friends who were maybe more or less interested in each other.

monday arrived and so did my anxiety. i was scared shitless, to say the least. i knew that maeve probably hated me and i was scared of her showing it. i really wasn't emotionally ready for her to show all the hate she felt for me.

back when i was new at the school, i didn't care at all, but now that i actually wanted her to like me, it would really hurt.

with my head lowered, i parked my bike at the bike racks and locked it, before eric and otis appeared.

eric was, once again, looking fantastic and made me quake in my boots with my cakey concealer.

"hi, evie." he greeted, smooching my cheek.

i gave him the best smile i could manage.

"hi, eric. hi, otis." i waved, not having enough motivation to dislocate my neck by trying to reach up to kiss otis' cheek. annoying tall people.

we went inside and as soon as we did, an announcement was heard over the speakers. "maeve wiley, otis milburn and evie jones please report to mr groff's office."

i gave otis a scared look.

"what's that look for?" he asked.

"well, maeve kind of found out about the whole 'me helping jackson' thing and now she's mad at me."

"but technically i was the one who took the money and was going to help him." he retorted.

"i mean, yeah, but i was the one who helped him in the end."

"well, i'll see you guys after first period. good luck." eric said, patting otis' shoulder, before stopping at his locker.

otis and i continued walking. "this has to be about the clinic, right?" i asked.

otis looked unsure. "i don't know. could be."

we turned around a few corners and were soon standing in the 'waiting room'.

maeve was already there, looking heartbreakingly good.

she gave me a glare and smiled briefly when otis sat next to her.

i sat down next to otis, leaving an empty seat next to me and just played with my hands a little nervously.

"i'm sorry that i took the money off jackson." otis murmured, breaking the silence.

maeve perked her head up. "i thought evie did."

otis shook his head. "no, i took the money and was going to help him. evie asked me not to and to give the money back. we tried to do that, but jackson was starting to objectify you and wouldn't stop talking, so evie snapped and accidentally told him all the things you liked. jackson wouldn't take the money back, so i gave it to evie, since she was the one who did all the work. even if it was unintentional." he explained and i gave him an appreciative smile.