seven.

when i arrived at the pool, there were two girls standing in the middle of the room, dressed in swimming gear.

i spotted maeve sitting on one of the seats in the back and walked up to her while otis was talking to the two girls, who i supposed were a lesbian couple. that's probably also why he wanted me here.

"hi." maeve greeted with a smile, making my heart flutter.

"hi, maevey wavy." i sat down next to her, laying my head in her lap. that was a thing we always did, simply because one of us started it one time and it was just more comfortable than sitting normally. "i told you to stop calling me that." she said with a little chuckle.

"but it rhymes." i simply stated and the conversation was over.

she began twisting strands of my hair between her fingers and braiding a few little braids, before opening them again and starting over. she always did that and it felt good, so i never complained.

the girls were now in the water, which was apparently supposed to help them figure out their sex problems. otis was turned around, facing the chairs.

"they can't fuck." maeve explained quietly. "the ginger one is a real pain in the ass, she doesn't want to solve their problem at all. just puts the blame on her girlfriend being inexperienced."

"yuck."

after only about five minutes or so, the girls got out of the water.

"how's it going guys?" otis asked, still facing the other way.

"what are you doing?" the one with the red hair asked.

"i don't want you to think i've engineered this situation for my own sexual gratification. that would be super creepy. hence the backwards stance." he explained, causing me to break out laughing quietly.

maeve looked down at me and smiled, mouthing 'he's such a moron', which only made me laugh harder.

"this is even creepier, just turn around. stop being creepy."

otis did as he was told.

"well, like i said before, i am a sex and relationship therapist."

"you are a teenager with an inflated sense of self-importance." the red haired girl mocked and i took my head out of maeves lap.

"watch it!" i shouted from where i was sat, pointing an accusing finger at her.

"what if i don't? what are you gonna do, prissy? attack me with a makeup brush?" she encountered.

"she won't, but maybe i will. you can harm a person with almost anything, you know." maeve butted in, pulling my head back into her lap and stroking my hair.

"right.. uhm, well, i have a hunch that this has more to do with your relationship than your physical intimacy." otis said, after we all shut up. "how's your communication?"

"we've known each other since primary school and we talk for hours."

"interesting. how long have you guys been together?"

"about four months. we both came out around the same time and it just happened." the nicer one of the both said, before her girlfriend dumped a towel onto her head.

i tutted. "she's such a bitch."

"yeah." maeve agreed.

"interesting." otis said once again, causing the red headed girl to become even more annoyed.

"look, i'm sure you find lots of things interesting, but or problem is with the sex, not the relationship. so we're just gonna figure this out on our own." with that, the two started walking off, probably to change and get out of here.