five.

the weekend came and went almost equally as quick and maybe that was because i was actually looking forward to something now. that something being maeve.

all this precious free time was wasted by me actually looking forward to monday, because i would see her.

my excitement about maeve was not in any form connected to a crush or romantic feelings at all, if anything i just found her extremely attractive.

i just felt extremely comfortable around her at aimee's party and actually think that we might be able to build up a strong friendship.

so here i was, getting ready for school once again. of course i wore one of my cute pastel tops that i always wore, but instead of my usual light blue mom jeans, i went with some black skinny jeans, only because my other jeans were in the washer, though.

today i had asked my mom to make me two sandwiches, one for aimee, one for me. just in case aimee was still being forced to be 'vegan'.

✰—

bit by bit i colored in the little boxes on my squared paper, waiting for maeve to arrive.

it was biology with that weird little mr. hendricks again, but we were already a few minutes in and maeve was supposed to be here next to me, like last time.

but she wasn't.

a few more minutes passed and i was starting to think that she wasn't going to come anymore, when the door suddenly opened, grabbing everyone's attention.

in she came, wearing her usual black leather jacket and a red flannel.

as always, she looked good, but that didn't really surprise me anymore. sometimes i just wondered how it felt to live having such a pretty face.

she was biting around on the nail of her thumb, a habit i've noticed her do a lot, but stopped and smiled when she spotted me.

"maeve," mr. hendricks said. "you're late."

"i know, sorry."

he nodded his head with that weird smile he always had and maeve quickly sat down next to me.

"alright, hymen girl?", she asked, elbowing me in the side with a little smile.

"hi," i answered stupidly, making her smile grow bigger.

"hi."

✰—

after biology, i stood up and was about to walk to my next class, when maeve jogged up to me.

"well you certainly are in a hurry to get away from me." she joked and i smiled amusedly.

"you know it's not like that."

"anyways, i need to ask a favor."

i nodded, telling her to go on.

"i need you to meet me somewhere after school at 6:30."

my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. what exactly was this about?

maeve seemed to have taken my reaction the wrong way and quickly added: "if you can't, don't worry."

"no, of course i can."