two.

when i woke up the next day, my eyes felt as though a herd of elephants were having the time of their lives on my eyelids, that's how tired i was.

it wasn't even because i went to sleep late or anything like that, i was just a person that was always tired.

with half closed eyes i made my way over to my closet and put on a cute, pink striped polo crop top and some blue mom jeans. i grabbed two random socks that were scattered on the floor in front of my closet and put them on. i didn't really care that much about it at the moment. someone probably would consider it trendy anyways, so why give a shit?

after brushing my teeth and all that important "i'm finally getting my life together"- stuff, i went downstairs to grab my lunch that my mom had already made for me. it was just a sandwich and a banana with a cute smiley face drawn on the shell, but it was enough for me. on the way out i grabbed the curly wurly that was laying on the kitchen table and stuffed it in my bag, together with the rest of my food.

"bye!", i shouted, even though my dad was already at work and mom probably somewhere else in the house where she couldn't even hear me.

✰—

it's about 12 minutes later that i arrive at moordale and my eyes immediately roam around searching for any sign of otis and eric.

it doesn't take long until the two are pushing their bikes into the rack i'm standing at, laughing at something.

"oh, hi evie," otis acknowledged with a smile and i smiled back. "hi, loser."

"okay whoa whoa, did i miss something? you have to keep me updated man, how many times do i have to tell you?" - "eric, calm down. we had to do an assignment for english and evie came over to mine, simple as that."

"hey! now don't leave out the part where i totally beat your ass in smash," i grinned triumphantly, as we began walking towards the school. otis made a face at me and eric began laughing out loud. like extremely loud. so loud, that people started looking and i felt myself getting uncomfortable.

otis must've noticed the face i was making and started talking to eric in a hushed voice. "eric, be quiet. i don't want everyone looking at us." - "sorry man, but that is just delicious! i knew you were bad, but, whew, that kind of hurts, doesn't it?"

i gave otis a grateful smile, which he returned. "what's your first subject?" he asked. "um...", i trailed off, searching for my schedule. "biology. room 016." - "oh, well. i have maths, but i can walk you there if you want to?"

"of course," i smiled and we said goodbye to eric, who had his own class to attend to.

✰—

"there we are," otis smiled awkwardly and i quickly thanked him and walked inside to avoid any further awkward silence or something of that sort.

successfully avoiding one awkward situation only led to the next. i didn't know anyone in here. where would i sit? i didn't want to sit alone, but i also didn't want to be forced to have a conversation with a complete stranger.

i looked around and the only option i had was maeve, who was looking at the pen in her hands.

awkwardly swaying my hands from side to side, i walked towards maeve, who finally took notice of my presence. her look was piercing, as if a thousand tiny needles were being shot at my face.