eleven.

friday had arrived quicker than expected and so did first period.

i was walking to my locker when a very familiar mop of hair caught my eye.

"ola? what are you doing here?"

ola turned around, grinning her typical grin. "um.. i'm looking for a new school. your headmaster is considering me. although he's a very rigid man."

i chuckled. "he reminds me of squidward from spongebob."

ola laughed a little, looking me in the eyes.

"stop flirting now. come on." the man, who she was walking with before i stopped her, suddenly interrupted.

"just wait in the van. i'll be there in a minute."

the man started talking and gesturing in, what sounded like, swedish and started walking towards the exit.

ola sighed. "you never came." she then said, hinting at our encounter at the shop she worked at, when maeve dared me to steal something.

"yeah, i know. i just felt like it would be embarrassing showing up at the store i tried to steal from. i'm sorry."

ola nodded understandingly, but didn't have the chance to say anything because a boy and a girl shoved past us with big boxes in their hands, talking loudly.

"i heard the untouchables are coming in a limousine." the boy said.

the girl scoffed. "oh my god! if i had a limousine, i would totally have sex in it and film it."

ola chuckled, seeming a bit confused.
"school dance tonight." i explained

"right. are you going?"

i shook my head. "dances aren't really my thing and i don't even have a date so.."

"i like dances." she stated. was that supposed to be a hint, or did she just genuinely like dances?

"you do?"

"yeah, i think dancing's fun."

i chuckled a little uneasily, not knowing what to say. should i invite her to go with me? did she even like girls? probably. maybe. and even if she didn't, i could just say we were going as friends.

"anyway, i better go. bye, evie."

a frown formed on my face. how did she know my name? did she ask otis? she must have, because i've never mentioned my name to her.

"bye." i waved.

ola turned around and began walking off.

should i just ask her?

dances did make me uncomfortable sometimes, with of all those people cramped in one spot, but eric and otis would be there, so it wasn't going to be too bad right?

plus, she seemed really nice and actually interested in spending time with me. i could get to know her better as well.

the only actual reason, why i decided not to go to the dance, was that i didn't have a date and would be too embarrassed to show up without one, so why not just ask her?

"ola!" i called, quickly jogging up to her. "do you wanna go to the dance with me? like, just as a friend. if you don't want to that's totally fine, but i just thought that, since you-"

"-yes."

i stood there a little perplexed. "oh, you do?"