twenty.

(as always pls comment while reading luv yall)

___________________________

the next day rushed past me in a matter of seconds. usually, i dreaded going to school because - let's be honest - who actually enjoyed going to school?

honestly, the reason for the day running past me in a full on sprint was probably partly, or mostly, because of lea's - or was it lisa's? - party.

maeve had obviously been invited and despite having a few other options she invited me, although i was fairly certain that she'd probably invited some of her other friends as well, because obviously i wasn't in any way more important to her than anyone else.
besides, it was somewhat of a birthday party replacement, even though i was sure it wasn't actually being addressed like that among the other people that were going to be there, maeve had probably invited all of her friends with that same intent.

disregarding that, the thought of just having been on her mind to the extent that she wanted me, no, demanded for me to go to this specific party was enough to make my heart flutter.

yes, that's how low the bar was.

as a soft breeze caressed my cheeks, making my hair softly sway through the air, i walked over to shut the large window in my room, memories of just a few nights before flooded through my mind.

a soft smile appeared on my face and disappeared just as quickly as i remembered maeve's obvious interest in texting with someone called 'dylan'.

she had for some reason been particularly interested in texting him that night and somewhere deep inside my head i knew that i had no valid reason to even feel the slightest sliver of jealousy but still, the feeling lingered in the pit of my stomach when i thought about it. surely he had been invited as well.

sometimes i wondered if she felt the same about me and i thought about the day at the fair where she had obviously been jealous about something regarding me and aimee, but then the memory of us almost swearing that we were no longer interested in each other creeped into my head and every speck of hope left in my body faded away.

as the window closed with a slight squeak, i turned around and stared at my closet, thinking about what to wear to the party.

while almost ripping my toes out by getting stuck in the rips of the dark wide jeans i decided to wear tonight, my phone buzzed from its position on my bed and i stumbled over, simultaneously pulling my pants all the way up. i picked up my phone and felt my heart rate speed up upon reading the name.

maeve wiley
8 o'clock (means pm for your primitive american brain), 27 downing street

Evie
thanks i was actually gonna go there at 8 in the morning tomorrow 😍 luckily i have your extraordinary brain to teach me of these complicated things

maeve wiley
Right... don't honestly know what you'd do without my exceptionally high iQ, love ;)

Evie
i'm done talking to you

maeve wiley
I'll see you at the party, love

Evie
ew

i'd already put on my outfit, which wasn't too extraordinary but would still count as an eye-catcher for the right eyes.

i finished the look off with some pretty earrings and with that i was more than less content.

before i knew it, i was on my bike and driving towards 27 downing street.

my parents had, as always, told me to be careful and to not take any drugs, but they secretly knew what i was going to do.
i hadn't specifically told them i was going to a party but it was a friday night and they probably assumed anyways that i wasn't going to be playing chess with aimee at her house.