fourteen.

the first thing i saw when i got home tuesday after school was a message from otis.

otis :]
Hey, Evie. I might've tried to convince Maeve to start doing the clinic again, but she said she'll only do it if you participate.

better in smash (evie)
why? i didn't even do anything in the first plsce

better in smash (evie)
*place

otis :]
voice message
1 minute and 34 seconds
tap to play

with a shrug i clicked on the voice message, not really expecting her voice to come out of the little speakers of my phone.

"wait, let me just-"

"otis, just give it here."

there was some rustling and then i heard maeve's voice clearly.

"otis is a complete moron, obviously, because today i heard him tell eric about the 'clock technique', which is-"

there was rustling again. it sounded like the phone was brushing against someone's clothes and then otis talked.

"yeah. you know what, you don't have to explain what the clock technique is, just try to convince her."

"dickhead. the point is that he has no idea about things concerning girls and stuff-"

"that is actually not true-", otis interrupted and the sound of a slap was heard shortly after.

"so in order to not lose our clients i just need you to bring some of your brain to school and give him some advice for advice giving when he needs it. i know you don't like talking to people you don't know, otherwise i would just do this clinic thing with you and without otis."

"words can hurt, you know?"

"shut up."

the voice message ended and my heart actually grew a couple of sizes. listening to them together again after not even that much of time was really something heart warming.

they were some of my best friends after all, even if maeve and i didn't go apart as that.

and the fact that maeve actually knew that i wasn't comfortable with talking to new people, even though i've never told her that specifically, was a major heart-wrencher.

i didn't like her in that way anymore, though.

well, my heart did just do it's typical spin that it always did when maeve (or her voice) appeared, but that was only because i missed her.

better in smash (evie)
okay i'm convinced lol

otis :]
voice message
6 seconds
tap to play

i pressed play again and was met with maeve's voice once more.

"thank you. love you. mwah."

"yes, thank-"

otis was cut off by maeve - probably - ending the voice message but i was too focused on what maeve had just said.

my heart was basically doing somersaults at this point, but only because she never really showed that much affection towards me.