four.

just as i was getting ready for school my phone chimed, showing a message from otis.

message from 'otis :]'
I might have just ruined this whole therapy thing for us :/

better in smash (evie)
otis what did you do???

otis :]
I might have said something about Chinchillas giving blowjobs?

better in smash (evie)

better in smash (evie)i'm glad i wasn't there

i'm glad i wasn't there

otis :]
Yeah, where are you by the way?

better in smash (evie)
first period got cancelled lol

otis :]
So when are you coming?

better in smash (evie)
i'm abt to leave

otis :]
Okay, we'll probably be outside then. Text me if you can't find us!

better in smash (evie)
ok i will :) see ya later otis

quickly i finished getting dressed before heading downstairs. i grabbed my helmet that had those cute little rainbow dots all over it and shouted a goodbye to my mom.

✰—

i spotted the two almost immediately when i arrived at school. mostly because of eric dramatically waving his arms around the second he saw me.

of course that resulted in people looking a little weirdly. it wasn't really a lot of people, maybe just one or two to be honest, but my brain still went panic-mode.

i hurried over to my two new friends and sat down on the stairs that were connected to the short brick wall they were sitting on.

only a second after that, maeve walked towards us and it looked like she was going to sit down next to otis on the 'wall', but then she saw me and walked over to sit down next to me on the stairs instead.

i furrowed my brows and looked at otis and eric to see if they just saw what i saw, but they didn't seem to have noticed anything.

"hey, maeve! i wanna fuck a chinchilla, can you help?", some boy on a skateboard suddenly shouted from behind us and not a second after, he fell over the wall the others were sitting on.

"yeah, i think she may have told people," eric said.

"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." maeve just shrugged it off, meanwhile i was busy staring at eric's shirt. his buttons were all done up wrong. had no one told him?

my train of thought was interrupted, by the owner of the wonderfully done up shirt.
"hah! kelly clarkson! poet."

i shook my head and was about to correct him, but otis and maeve were quicker. "nietzsche," they said in unison.