ten.

maeve wiley
I still have your jumper. Wanna come over & pick it up?

Evie
sure i'll be there in 20

my heart started to race. it was saturday afternoon. i was just laying in bed and watching netflix when i got her message.

did she really just want me to get my sweater, or was she genuinely interested in seeing me and just used the sweater as an excuse?

no, she probably just really wanted to get my sweater out of her house. or trailer, in this case.

i said goodbye to my parents, who were watching some julia roberts movie in the living room, and got on my bike.

when i was already able to see the trailer park, i got a little excited and began driving faster, but something got caught in the spokes of my bike, making me fly over it headfirst.

i hissed in pain, shielding myself from my bike, that was falling onto me, with my arms.

slowly, i got up again. it didn't take me long to realize that i had scraped my knee through my pants, as well as my left elbow and both my hands, while trying to stop the fall.

it wasn't too bad and would probably be healed up in a week or so, but it did hurt a lot.

with my bike now just being pushed alongside me, i limped the rest of the way to maeve's trailer, which took me about five minutes more than it usually would.

when i finally got there, i knocked on the door. there were two voices obviously fighting about who'd go to open the door, but when it was opened eventually, maeve stood in front of me.

my heart began to race once again. i smiled, she looked horrified.

"what happened to you?" she asked, concerned.

"fell off my bike."

with a swift motion, she pulled me inside and made me sit down at the small table in the open area of her trailer.

there was a guy sitting on the sofa, watching maeve's every move.

"that's sean, my brother." she explained, while searching for something in the kitchen cabinet.

"hi." he greeted and i waved shyly.

maeve set down some bandaids and rubbing alcohol next to me on the table, before crouching down and examining my knee.

her left hand was on my thigh, making me feel all types of things, while her right hand moved the ripped fabric of my jeans out of the way.

although i wasn't looking at him anymore, i could still feel sean staring in our direction.

maeve, beautiful, beautiful maeve sat in front of me, managing my wound and i couldn't help but stare at her. when else would i get an excuse to admire her features without looking creepy, if not now?

her eyes, her lips, her nose with that wonderful nose ring, hell, even the brown roots disrupting the look of her - once - blonde hair were so unbelievably beautiful.

you wouldn't believe how much more beautiful a person like her can become once you start actually liking them.

she was already one of the most beautiful and unique looking people i'd ever seen, even before i started liking her. but now, now she was the only thing i considered beautiful.

"show me your arm." she said in a soft, caring voice that just made me want to wrap my arms around her and hug her for hours.