fluff ━ ' , beauty of flowers , ' ━ fem!reader x zhongli

You sometimes take a stroll around Liyue Harbor. Mostly at night since, you were busy doing the guild's commissions in the morning. Even though you hated it, work is work and money is money after all. 

Though, rarely, you'd take a walk in the morning as well. It was really too bright and hot so, you didn't particularly like morning walks. On the evening, in the other hand, it was really beautiful. Lanterns lit up, fireworks sometimes would go off, and just seeing business do well.

Occasionally, you would go down to the lower floor of Liyue Harbor. The one by the ocean. There was one man that you would see all the time, standing in front of Wanyou Boutique. The man was the consultant in the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. He was merely looking and observing the flowers, making small talk with Bolai; the shop's owner.

You never had the guts to come up and talk to him. You'd see him always but you never really interacted. You were a little bit afraid of his demeanor. He seemed like a serious, all business type of man that wouldn't talk to anyone if it wasn't for business. Hence, why you never interacted.

Today was a Saturday so, you thought that he might be free.  You've finished all the tasks needed to be done so, you were free as well. You see him slightly bent over, staring intensely at the flowers. You gulp and take a deep breath then stand next to him.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" You compliment the flowers he was looking at, in attempt to start a conversation. 

"Oh? You know of these flowers?" He stands up straight and looks at you. He was a fairly tall man. Not to mention, he was very good looking as well.

"...Silk flowers, am I correct?" You answer him as you smile, but with a questioning face. You were slightly well versed in different kinds of flowers since you were practically collecting a lot for different types of commissions from the guild. He looks back at the flowers.

"Mhm. It can be used in making fabrics due to it's silky-smooth texture. And in some cases, it can be used in making perfume for either adults, children, or... something else." You listen intently. It did certainly seem like he was lecturing you but, you never know what could show up in commissions. This could be useful information. But what did he mean for something else?

"That something else is..?" You ask him, curious.

"It could also be used for offerings in rite of partings or... for the dead, so to say." His voice suddenly deepened which sent chills down your spine. You start to think that maybe this was a sensitive topic to talk about.

"Ah..! Right, you work at Wangsheng Funeral Parlor... Mr. Zhongli, right?" You quickly change the topic. Although it was in the same strand, it was just less profound. 

"Correct. What about it?" He stops looking at the flowers and then faces you.

"Nothing. I was just thinking that it must be hard dealing... or rather, seeing the dead all the time." You say. You felt bad for him. It must've been painful every time he's dealt with it.

"...It has it's moments. Well, it's definitely not cheerful, but... it makes me slightly happy seeing people really mourn for someone. It just shows how much they loved that person and really enjoyed their existence." He stops talking and smiles sympathetically. You start to think about it and it certainly, although extremely painful, does put a slight smile on your face when someone properly says goodbye with respect and honor. You then notice him shake his head.