angst ━ ' , evermore , ' ━ dainsleif x m!reader

[Modern AU.]

"I'm... sorry but, I'm not interested in you. I'll be leaving now." You dastardly say, in a panic as you get up off the chair immediately. The person follows behind you as he grabs your hand, looking desperate as he kneels to the ground.

"W-wait..! But... weren't all the times we spent together special to you..? All those sweet memories and dates we had..?" He asks, his eyes watery. You look at him disgustingly, not knowing what the hell he was talking about. You then slap away his hand from yours, soon spraying hand sanitizer on it as if he was some sort of bacteria.

"I don't recall us dating. That's just you assuming things. If there's nothing else, I'll be leaving now. Don't count on us ever meeting again. And... I have a husband." You say, wanting to say it proudly but, not after that incident. Still, your marriage applies. Just not... the same. The person who chased after you is now brought to the ground completely. Broken, confused, lonely, and sad...

just like you.

You let out a sigh just before leaving the bar. You grip your bag and leave abruptly, not wanting him to chase after you again. You were disappointed. You considered that person to be one of your only true friends and yet, he still confessed. To add to this backstory, he invited you to a bar to talk about something. Maybe catching up. 

The details he sent in the message were very vague. He knew that you had a husband and yet he still did that. You could say that both of you can forget about it and just move on like friends, acting like that never happened but, can you really do that? After he knelt down and begged as he blurted out his delusions? You shake your head, removing that vivid image.

You hurriedly try to get out of this specific street, hoping he doesn't have friends around that was cheering him on and suddenly go up to you. After walking quickly towards another part of downtown, you sigh, calming down as you gripped on your bag. 

You then stand tall, looking at your surroundings, seeing all the Christmas decorations being put up by employees, volunteers, or just civilians in general. All helping each other put up some stars, lights, and beautifully decorated Christmas trees at the sidewalk or on the outsides of restaurants and shops.

Seeing all of them so happy makes you... weirdly sad. You start walking sluggishly, still somewhat down about what happened. Well, you could still be friends with that guy, just... a little indifferent. And once again, for the hundredth time today, you let out a sigh. You should be out with friends.