fluff ━ ' , unpredictable , ' ━ m/fem!reader x hu tao

"Hey, hey, come on! There's 50% off on our latest coffins!" Hu Tao yells out, stretching out her arm to give people passing by a flyer of her supposedly new business deals. While 50% sounds like an extremely good deal, you're pretty sure you don't need coffins anytime soon.

"At it again, eh?" You approach her, smiling at her softly. She flinches in surprise from seeing you before smiling, continuing to try passing on the flyers.

"Well, of course! Anyway, would you like to buy?" She asks, smiling mischievously. Someone took the flyer from her hand which made her smile. As much as you wanted to see her smile, again, you're not going to need a coffin anytime soon.

"Nope. But I will when I need one." You say, sadly rejecting her offer, which made her put out a forceful sad face. You simply chuckle at her reaction, thinking of it as cute. Her face then comes back to normal, now seemingly looking at your outfit.

"Hmm... By your outfit, it looks like you're going hunting... Can I come along?" She asks, giving out a friendly smile. You think to yourself that maybe she should just stay here to continue with business but, she'll just be sad again. 

"Sure! But, why?" You say, but asking afterwards. It was quite unusual to how she wanted to come with you despite being on business.

"Oh, nothing. Maybe there's some willing clients out there~!" She says, smiling mischievously. You sigh, slightly thinking that you should've expected this kind of answer from her. Someone who's so serious about her job, wouldn't exactly remove certain opportunities involving it.

"Of course." You say in reply, not being able to refuse. 

Both of you have been acquainted for a while. Well, mostly business partners but, you two are very close friends. You're an adventurer with a pyro vision, wielding a katana as you were wearing Inazuma garments. 

.

.

.

"Mn... there's nothing here!" Hu Tao yells out, looking quite upset after watching a certain spot, wishing for there to be some sort of treasure or people that they could interact with. You get you hands out of the bush you investigated for berries or treasure, and looked at her, sadly.