fluff & angst ━ ' , bouya no yume yo, ' ━ venti x xiao

Venti's POV

I stroll around Liyue, just admiring the wind that blows on my face every now and then. I climb or glide up mountains just to feel the breeze that is contained within them. Sometimes, I bring my lyre and start playing as well, but I can't help but feel as if someone or something is watching and following me.

It's making me shiver just thinking about it. Well, I might as well play my lyre to distract me from it. I take it out, and then start strumming it. Moving my hands slightly to make the proper sounding notes and making it as calm and neatly as possible. The breeze of wind blows, moving my hair to the side, while also making the music more emotional and impactful. But suddenly━

"Who's there?!"I stop playing my lyre and immediately look behind me. I swear that I just heard a footstep. And as soon as I yelled, I heard it stepping back. Behind me was a rather big tree so, it was perfect for someone or something to hide in. 

I gulp as I then move closer to it, wanting to identify what or who it is that was following me. The trees were swaying, making a lot of noise due to the leaves hitting each other. But... that sound... was someone crying..? There was a lot of sniffles and sobs so, I'm pretty sure someone is crying. I round the corner.

"...Xiao..?" I say, mostly confused. He flinches as he then quickly wipes his eyes, trying to hide the fact that he was crying. Was he... scared? Was he worried? He then steps back.

"H-hi..." He awkwardly says. Even though he's trying his hardest to hide it, he was still sniffling and little tears were just coming out of his eyes.

"Were you crying?" I ask him, even though I already know the answer. I simply asked to know if he wanted to tell me or not. But, judging from his actions from earlier... I'm betting he doesn't want me to know at all.

"N-no! It's quite rude to assume that I will show weakness like you humans!" He says, even though he was sobbing. I then sit down on my legs on the grass. It was quite comforting with the wind and the cold. I pat the patch of grass next to me.

"Sit down with me." I say, smiling sweetly at him. He quickly runs to my side, the place where I patted, while also rubbing his eyes. After he sat, I gently grabbed his head and slowly placed it on my lap. 

"W-what are you doing..?" He asks, staring up at me. I smile while then patting his head, attempting to comfort him. I look down on him and smile.