angst ━ ' , insanity , ' ━ xiao x aether

Before you continue on reading this, please take note of triggers in this! There's death, mentions of killing, and a bunch more. So, please if you're uncomfortable with those topics, kindly just skip this chapter! This is just a really short one though since I don't want to delve too deep on topics like this. But, I promise to upload a good and fluff one soon.  Just kind of busy with school and finishing up finals. If you want, you can always visit my aether x venti fanfic where i'm mostly focused on right now. Anyway, please please if you don't like this topic, just skip over it, ignore it, and forget it existed. 

(A/N: Just so ya know, I do take ideas from comics, manga, fanart, songs, or lore in general. Which explains aether x scaramouche, the childe x zhongli one, razor x aether, but other than that, all of the others are original. Or just me throwing random shit together. Sooo yeah.)

In this region of Liyue, there lived an adeptus, who was really strict and completely followed all of the rules and everything on his contract. Living by the days of still following his missions and what he was asked and born to do.

But sometimes, he grows a bit tired of this kind of life. Always attacking, always hurting and getting hurt. No end to this. He was getting used to it but still, deep down inside of him, this was all too sickening to do. Tomorrow was just another day for him.

Another day of killing. Another day of purging demons. Another day of punishing criminals. Another sleepless and cursed night. Such actions were an endless loop of Xiao's eternal life. The task he was given, and the contract he's been living with.

But of course, he sometimes thinks that in the days he's been living in, one or two people have really brightened up his life. That being Venti, who really calmed him down with songs and music he plays on his lyre. And finally, Aether.

Aether was someone who just basically wanted and insisted on making Xiao have a good time. Throwing a few jokes here and there, inviting him on journeys, adventures, and festivals. Although Xiao really wanted to go with him, he still could not forget his duties and the reason why he's still alive.

But, Aether would do anything to make Xiao laugh, or even smile. Little does he know, him smiling is enough to make Xiao's day. Such a bright and cheerful smile... how could anyone not feel good in seeing it?

Xiao smiles and feels a little better every time he imagines or thinks about that bright smile. The smile that never ceases to leave his face, and the one he shows so often to him. Every time he sees it, he never grows tired of it.

Even so... not once, has Aether called Xiao for help. No matter how many times the adeptus has told him to call for him when he's in trouble, he never does. Xiao keeps on seeing Aether with bandages, broken limbs, bleeding wounds and literally anything that looks like they hurt.