fluff ━ ' , adeptus friendship , ' ━ m!reader x ganyu

You were by yourself, walking around Liyue Harbor. Just taking a stroll around, looking at all the shops and what's for sale. It's just been a very busy week for you and you wanted to take some time off.

An unsettling noise can be heard coming from your stomach. Which basically means that you're getting pretty hungry or even starving. You were kind of rich from doing all these commissions and tasks the guild gives you. Some might even say that you're one of the strongest guild members out there. Still no where near from the strength of Mondstadt's Honorary Knight.

You make your way through the crowd and joined the line towards Wanmin Restaurant. Even though you won't really see the famous Xiangling there, but you do still enjoy the food that they serve.

As you order your food, your eyes come across a peculiar and a familiar female sitting alone, eating her meals.

"Hey, doesn't that girl look oddly familiar?" You ask the chef in the restaurant.

"Oh, that's Ganyu! The Secretary of the Liyue Qixing. She eats her most of the time just... well... alone. No one approaches her because of her position in terms of work. The Liyue Qixing does technically run all the businesses here so no one has had the gall to actually come up to talk to her. Anyway, here's your order. Come again!" As he hands you your order, you start to think.

'Might as well do it.'

"Hey! Is this seat available?" You ask as you point at the chair located in front of the blue haired female.

"...Yes." She reluctantly answers you. You nod and then take a seat. You take out your order and then start to eat but, cleanly.

"...There are other seats available? Why would you choose to pick the seat in front of me?" She asks you bluntly. You got alerted with the sudden ask of the question but you had expected this since you did just pick the seat in front of her when a lot more seats were available.

"..You seemed kind of lonely. I just wanted to... accompany you." You say as you desperately search for a suitable and acceptable answer.

"I mostly eat here alone and I'm getting quite used to it. You don't have to accompany me any longer so feel free to just leave." After she says that, she starts eating again. In any case, everyone that was in this situation would've just left out of embarrassment or humiliation but you... you stayed, which definitely surprised her. Nevertheless, you still wanted to accompany her.

It was a quiet and peaceful lunch time. You tried not to make eye contact with her as to try and avoid questions. But in doing so, your eyes darted towards the chef. He looks at you with a face so horrified and obviously saying "what the hell do you think you're doing!?" You just smile at him even though you got the message but, you did just want to accompany her.

Not just because you can brag about how you have acquainted with the Secretary of the Liyue Qixing or just because of the money, but because of how she looks so sad and lonely. You wanted to accompany her and just thinking about how pressured she must be because of work, makes you pity her or sympathize her. You wanted to let her know that someone was there for her.

"Thank you for accompanying me but, I must take my leave." She cleans up her side of the table and stands up as she says that. She starts to walk away so you quickly clean up and try to catch up to her.

"W-wait..!" You say as you try to run up to her.

"...What could it possibly be now?" She asks you with a tone of annoyance but her face certainly seems calm.

"Would you like to take a walk with me for a while?" You ask her straight-forwardly.

"...I don't have time for such matters. Although, I must admit that I have to applaud you for your courage and bravery. But, I am very busy and the Tianquan or the Yuheng could be calling me right now so I really don't have-" She stops talking as she looks into your eyes.

"Just.. as a friend... please?" You ask her again. She sighs.

"Well, your eyes do seem sincere and genuine and, I might be able to accompany you for a minutes. But!" Just before you could celebrate, there seems to be a condition.

"If the Tianquan or the Yuheng calls for me, I must leave immediately. Got it?" She tells you.

"Got it." You agree to her condition.

"Now, where do you suggest we go? You invited me to this "walk" of yours so I'm suspecting that you have some sort of plan in mind."

"Nope! None at all!" You proudly say to her but she seems displeased by it.

"...Well, what do you want to do?" She asks you.

"Listen, I invited you to this walk to be friends and a walk with a friend can just turn into anything. We can do whatever we want or whatever the other person suggests. Have you ever had a friend before?" You ask her.

"Ah..! How rude! Of course, I have friends!...I have plenty!" She then starts counting on her fingers.

"..So..?" You say as you see her clearly stop at 2.

"Sh-shut up!" She starts walking past you. You think to yourself that you might've gone overboard until:

"Let's just get this over and done with!" Ganyu says with a face that's clearly pouting. You chuckle and then start to walk beside her.

Both of you spend the time of your lives even if it was just for a short while. You kept on teasing Ganyu, and she kept making hilarious reactions which then led to you teasing her even more. Even though you were doing it too much, she seemed to enjoy this since she was laughing afterwards.

You bought things for her like outfits, clothes and food. Despite not showing it on her face, she really seemed to like the attention. She invites you to climb up towards Mt. Tianheng. You accept because it seemed to be the first time on this day that she wanted to go somewhere.

You sigh as you both start to climb upwards. As you get to the very top, you both see and overlook the entire Liyue Harbor.

"It's beautiful..." You say in amazement.

"I know right..! I've seen this view when I was working but, never have I went here for a break..." She says in relief and almost, gratefulness.

"Now, was this so bad~?" You ask her teasingly.

"It.. it really wasn't... I'm glad... I came with you." She says while blushing. You blush now too hearing her genuine thoughts about this whole thing.

"Well, we can do this again, you know?" You say to her.

"I guess I have a new friend now, huh?" She says with a grin on her face. You laugh at her and she laughs as well. You both watch the sunset together. All alone on top of a mountain.

"Hm~ Good for her~ I guess I should let her have breaks more often if she could smile like that." Ningguang says as she receives news about Ganyu's whereabouts. She then rips apart the paper and then blows it away.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

requested by -geraniumstar