fluff ━ ' , special birthday , ' ━ bennett x m!reader

(I know I know, his birthday's already done.. I was just busy these past couple days so, I didn't have time to write. But here you go! A special birthday oneshot, for the birthday of the special and best boy.)

You stand in front of Good Hunter, thinking about what food Bennett would like to eat. All you know is that he really loves meat, but what food in particular is the one he likes the most? Such questions, if asked to a person, would immediately reveal that that would be the thing they'll be given on their birthday. Hence, why you were hesitating on asking.

Still... you really don't know what Bennett would like. You knew he liked Sweet Madame, Steak, and Chicken-Mushroom Skewers. But what did he really like between the three? Well, knowing him, he would probably finish all three of them at once. 

"Ugh..." You then sigh as you bought all three of what Bennett likes. Well, maybe this wasn't a waste. No. This definitely isn't a waste. Bennett deserves this. You've just been with him for about 5 months so, this is your first time celebrating his birthday. So you really wanted it to be special.

In your time with him, the rumors about him are in fact true. He was an extremely unlucky person. Always getting hurt, getting into trouble, and getting into accidents. Despite that, you chose to stay with him until the end. You decided to stay with him. Because everything about him, just makes you want to protect him.

Everything. You don't like seeing him get hurt for your sake, you don't like seeing him look so sad, and you don't like seeing him getting into fights. But when he smiles... he shines brighter than any sun. That smile of his made you want to protect him even more. That's why this is such an important day.

"Thank you!" You said as you smiled at Sara, who smiles back slowly after. You take the lunchboxes containing the food you'd like to give to Bennett. You waved goodbye, and then left.

As you leave the fountain area, you look to your left and see Flora. You come up to her shop and look at the flowers placed in little pots for display. 

"...Would Bennett like flowers..?" You think to yourself. He does take a liking into Windwheel Asters so, it might not be too bad to buy some. 

"Excuse me, can I buy a pot with 3 Windwheel Asters?" You ask Flora as you take out your wallet. You have just received a good amount of Mora because of doing bounties, requests, commissions, and hunting. 

"Right away!" She happily says as she starts fixing up your order. You get your money out and ready to pay so that it'll be a quick trade.