chapter 14

"The book says that you will have to tell everyone the truth," I said making them frown "some may walk away but some will stay"

"That's bullshit"Jungkook hissed making Jin glare at him.

"It is but if the demon could change the rules then so could I.."I said slightly confused.

"Wait what?"Namjoon asked on behalf of the rest.

"What rules Area??"Miyeon asked confused.

"What rules? Are you kidding me! What demon!"Hoseok said after realizing.

I looked at the boys "for all I know you guys weren't supposed to know about This...you weren't supposed to remember Taehyung- THE kid wasn't even supposed to die in the first place SO!-...If he could change the story then how-why can't I?" I asked.

"Because you're not a demon Area," Jin said "What? it's obvious "

"I'm agreeing with Jin because I don't see how you could change rules that were made by a demon-"

"We're talking about a demon changing plans as if it's normal," Hoseok said and look at the others.

"Omelas would never exist without me, "I said "I can change it, believe me"

They all stared at me for a while.

"Wait wait wait hold up, "Hana said and held her head "what do you mean by you created the story and it wouldn't exist without you?"

"I read the whole book when I found it, it stated that nobody would know about the little boy, if he had a family or any friends, he would be wiped away from their memories as if he never existed, that's the rule! But  Taehyung became that boy in the story breaking the rules BECAUSE the little boy DIED and you guys began to remember Taehyung like he never left. If you read this again then you will notice that THAT part is missing. The little boy and his background story isn't in the Book anymore and it starts with the boy who did trade
His life to save his friend, "I said "the demon is changing the story which is why I think that the book is alive when something isn't going according to the book"

"What?" they asked all together.

"And if it's alive then it means that the book will never exist if the main character died in real life. The story wouldn't exist in the first place because it was her idea, her fantasy, and her Omelas. which means that if I die in the reality then none of this would exist because the girl is me" I said and turned the book "she's me"

They looked at a little girl drawn in the book.

"The characters don't have names, "I said as Namjoon took the book "but it starts with ' once upon a time there was a little girl ' the story starts with me, in the end, it says-"

"After they walk away the girl and her love lived happily ever after, "Namjoon said.

"There's more reason why I have to live...if the boy died and it changed, then if I die...the whole story wouldn't exist "I said.

"Let's not think about that"Jungkook said "let's find another way to end it WITHOUT killing anyone"

"I agree, "Hoseok said "enough with the killing"

"How about if we find the demon"Miyeon suggests.

"We can't be precise about which demon to summon, "Hana said.

"Did it tell you his name?"Mina asked.

"You guys are not just some reporters are you?"Yoongi asked.

"We always get assignments like these so that's why we're calm about this"Soyeon said.