chapter 19

"Stop!! Let him go!" I yelled.

"I never wanted to do this Area," he said as I shook my head "Area, understand-"

"I will never understand!!"I yelled "you're a monster!! You're not my father!!... If he dies then you're only going to prove me right"

He pulled his hands away as Taehyung fell to the floor. I was about to run towards him but dad held his hands up making me fall back through some kind of force that was pushed towards me.

"Take my hand Area," he said "I won't ask again"

"You don't have to!" I groaned on the ground "because I won't change my mind"

"I tried to convince you the easy way," he said "now let me try the hard away"

He jerked his hands to the side as I was slammed against the wall. I fell to the ground again as I began to cough.

I felt something run down my nose and then the side of my lip. I wiped it away to see blood.

"Area"  Taehyung whispered quietly and tiredly.

"Don't make me hurt you further Area" he warned "just take my offer "

I look at my father.

"Area" he warned "don't make me ask again"

I looked away as a picture of a beautiful woman showed.

"Mom"  I whimpered.

"It's ok Area" her voice whispered to me "I'll try to save the both of you"

"I-I'm sorry," I said as my voice cracked "for everything"

"Stay strong Area" she whispered to me in a forced tone.

I look at Taehyung. I can't leave him here.

"If I die the story wouldn't exist!"I explained to the others.

"Area make a choice!" he hissed as he swayed his hands slamming Taehyung against the wall painfully that I heard his bones break.

"I will never stand by your side!" I hissed.

I suddenly began to cough out blood as I felt my nose and throat starting to burn. My head was hurting and so was my body.

I look at Taehyung as if the same thing was happening to him.

" I'm going to make them suffer one by one" he growled making the ground shake "if I can't have you then no one else can!!"

Taehyung looked at me and shook his head. My heart broke at his weak situation.

If I had known I had brothers, then I wouldn't have summoned a demon. If I had known I wasn't alone, he wouldn't exist.

He held his hands towards Taehyung as a sword got visible in his hands.

"As a father, you should protect me from any harm," I said "as a father you would want to see me happy and successful....but you just need me to live"

"Make, a choice,"  he said lifting Taehyung's chin with the sword.

My mind was brought somewhere else as I saw from my mother's point of view that she had slipped a knife into my bag while looking at me and Jimin.

"It hurts me to say there's no way" I heard her voice.

"What do you mean?" I heard the rest of their voices together in confusion and lost in hope.

"Area if you're listening, I'm sorry but there's no other way to stop this," she said "I failed all of you, I'm sorry"

My eyes fell on my bag which was a few meters away from me.

"It's the only way," she said.

"No area don't!"

"We'll find another way!"

"Come back!"

I look at Taehyung and that was when I made my final decision.

Taehyung winced making me breathe out "I'll do what you want"

"No, Area you don't know-"Taehyung groaned in pain and dropped to the ground.

"Only if you promise not to hurt a single one of them!"I hissed as his sword disappeared.

He looked at me "fine, I can find another useful victim"

He snapped his fingers as I took the knife from my bag.

The symbol was the apple tree.

I look at my father as Taehyung disappeared while yelling my name.

He will never change. No matter what I'll do, he won't stop.

This isn't my father. He isn't a demon. I did this to him.

This is my fault. It's all my fault.

"Area,"  I heard Jimin whisper out of disbelief.

The whole cave started to shake making him confused.

"D-do you remember the time when you finally told me the main reasons why s-stories exist?"I asked looking at my hands as they started to get covered in blood.

"Area!!"

"I love you father, but this is wrong. I blame myself for this" I whispered " it started with me, it'll end with me"

He looked at my hands as his eyes widen. I gasped slightly with a smile as I saw him get angry.

I coughed out blood as I dropped to the ground.

"What did you do!!"  he yelled.

The ground shook as I smiled with my eyes closed. I look back at my father.

"Without me. You're nothing but dust" I said and blew out air as he slowly started to fade.

"AREA!!" he yelled as he fell as part of him became dust "you love me!!"

His body turned to dust as a tear rolled down my cheeks.

"I do, but I love my brothers more"I mumbled and closed my eyes as I felt like fading away.

"Area!!"  he growled as his voice faded away.

I closed my eyes as the ceiling tore in half and rocks began to fall.

I closed my eyes as the wind brought me back.

I breathed out as I lost my energy and fell to the side, only to be caught by someone.

"Area!"Jimin yelled and brought me into his embrace "what did you? Area what did you do?"

I placed my hands on Jimin's cheeks and smiled. I look to my side to see Lia holding Taehyung in her arms a couple of meters away.

I saw Namjoon and Jin running toward me.

"Why?"Jimin asked as his tear fell onto my face " You promised," he said painfully as my heartache

"I'm s-sorry," I said and held his hands tightly.

"Area!!"Namjoon and Jin ran toward us.

I looked at them and smiled, my eyelids slowly closed until everything turned dark. Every sound fainted.

"No no!"Lia yelled "Taehyung! Please no!"