chapter 15

Area
I gasped slightly as I stopped in front of the shop. Before I could reach for the door, I heard my name being called by a familiar person.

I look to the side to see Miss Darius sitting on the bench against the wall.

"Miss Darius" I breathed out and looked back at the shop "I was just going to"

"I thought you and Jimin forgot about me," she said with her weak laugh.

I slowly pulled my hands away from the door and started to walk toward her.

"We could never, "I said and held her hands as I sat next to her "how are you doing?"

"I'm fine now," she said and placed another hand on top of mine "but you didn't come here for me did you?"

I smiled and sighed. I look up at the sky which had an orange color from the sun that was just coming up.

"What's bothering you Area?" she asked making me look back at her.

"I found a way to save the boy," I said and gulped "I'm going to bring him back and free everyone from this place"

"I'm curious to know why you don't want to walk away like the others," she said, "why do you want to fight back?"

I look at my hands "because I am the reason for everything, I'm the reason why the kid died and why Taehyung's suffering now. He was supposed to live his life out of Omelas but instead, he's stuck here, he's going through unbearable pain, he's alone and it's going to be my fault if I just walk away because I know I can do something about it"

"No Area," she said and placed her hand on my cheek.

"I summoned the demon and the wrong person is suffering for it. I wanted my father back but now, I just want this to be over. If he just let me die together with my family...then I wouldn't cause harm to anyone, "I said as she wiped my tears away "Jimin wouldn't be stuck here and Taehyung would never be alone or suffer for anything he did not do or create"

"Are you saying that you should suffer for it instead?" she asked as I stared at the ground.

"What if I did?"I asked and looked at her as a tear escaped my eyes.

I wiped it away and stood up. I exhaled and then I got an idea.

"It's the trade....it was always about the trade! Of course! It worked before right?! Taehyung traded his life for Jimin's so what if I trade mine to save Taehyung's?! It would work!"I said.

"Area listen-"

"It would work"I whispered before going to the shop and pushing the door open.

"Area no!"Miss Darius yelled.

When I turned around to look at her, everything changed within a blink.

The shop and...her. everything had a soft bright color.

"Miss Darius?"I asked confused at the young lady standing in front of the door.

"I didn't expect you to remember me," she said making me frown.

I look around and knew that this was an illusion. I look back at the young lady.

"Who are you?"I asked confused.

She smiled softly, I touched my cheek when a tear rolled down.

"It's me Area," she said making me look at her.

She started to walk toward me making me frown and it reminded me of someone.

"Mom" I unexpectedly said and when I realized it, I sobbed "mom?"

She nodded and almost cried "oh my baby"

I hugged her tightly as I couldn't believe it.

"I missed you so much," she said and kissed the side of my head "my baby girl"

We pulled away as I looked at her face. Examined every feature as it became clear to me, she was my mother.

"H-how?"I asked as I gasped slightly "how- wait...what happened?"

She smiled painfully as I pulled my hands slowly away after remembering everything.

"You....you died, "I said "you left me to die-"

"No Area-"

"You killed my family," I said.

"Area listen!" she said holding both my arms "what he told you was a lie, he took you away from us. There wasn't any flu, I didn't die and neither did your brothers. He took you away!"

"He saved me, "I said as she shook her head.

"He took you away from us, from me," she said holding my cheek "my only baby girl and he took you away! How dare he"

I was starting to get confused and scared somehow.

"Listen to me Area," she said, "everything he told you was a lie, your brothers are alive-"

"They're dead", I said as she sobbed.

"I'm your mother," she said but I pushed her away.

"She died, "I said.

"This was his plan Area," she said, "he tricked you-"

"He was there, "I said painfully "for me. Not you"

"Baby listens to me," she said as I backed away.

"You never loved me. You never loved us" I said.

"He wants you to think that way! Losing you was the most devastating thing that has happened to us!! Think about your brothers! Think about your mother in whose arms you've been loved!" she said.

"You hated me!"I said and looked around "this is just an illusion "

"It's not!" she said and grabbed my hand "I want you to see this, I want you to see the truth. Your father is behind this and he's controlling Taehyung-Area! If you don't listen then you might die!"

I stopped walking.

"Area, please" she breathes out.

I turned towards her.

"Let me show you" she held her hands out.