chapter 6

The door flew open and in came a boy who saw the man standing over the girl.

The boy didn't waste any time and he took the broken beer bottle and slammed it against the man's stomach.

The girl pushed the devasted boy away as she cried over the dead man's body. The boy sat against the wall regretting what he had done.

I stood there looking at everything suspiciously. It was not the first time I saw this scene so I decided to pay attention to it.

The girl was either his girlfriend or sister or maybe just a friend. And that man must've been the girl's father, tenant, or uncle.

I looked at the boy as his shirt was covered in blood. He stood up and left the room.

When I blinked, I was brought to another place. It was dark more like nighttime. I was about to make a move until I realized that I couldn't move my legs.

I saw another boy different from the first one.

The phone was ringing inside the phonebooth and it was also locked from the outside.

The boy ran towards it and he suddenly looks in my way. I blinked seeing the first boy looking in my direction.

He smiled at me.

"Lia," he said holding his hands out.

I frowned.

"Lia!" he yelled while reaching out as I fell.

"Lia!!"Mina yelled after I fell back on the bed.

Mina and Hana looked at me unbelievably.

"Y-you just floated"Hana's voice cracked as I coughed.

"What is going on, Lia?"Mina asked.

"I...I don't know- I need to go"I panted and got off the bed while my body was shaking.

"Where?"Mina asked confused "wait, Lia-"

"She was just....floating"Hana repeated still processing what she saw.

"I'm going to look for him", I said as they look at me confused "I didn't expect you to understand I'm going to try and get information about this boy. I just can't leave it alone"

"Wait!, Lia although you're not making sense I need to tell you this"Mina said making me look at her "we found the students. They are here in Omelas safe and sound but they won't leave. Hana and I tried to convince them but they made up their mind"

"She floated", Hana said still stuck on that part.

I grabbed my bag "I think- if I'm not wrong-....no, I need to find the voice"

"Should we come?"Mina asked "Lia should we even worry?!"

"No, I should go alone", I said softly "call Area and tell her about this, she may have found something "

I took my bag and started to walk towards the door.

"Are you going to save him?"

I froze in my place as I didn't remember the voice.

"Are you going to save that boy?"

I turned slowly around as my heart sunk deep down in my stomach.

A creepy child stood there between Hana and Mina. I look at them but they didn't seem to notice.

The room started to get dark and cold.

"There's someone" I gasped "s-standing there" I managed to say.

"Please"

I breathed out and look back at the kid dressed in an awful white color, he was pale, yellow-yellow eyes, and had a creepy smirk.

"What if I do?"I said to the child as the two girls looked confused at each other and then back at me " what if I do more than just-"

"You can't! You can't save him!" Mina and Hana yelled as the child laughed making the window shake together with that awful sound.

I look at the two girls as their eyes turned pitch black as the thing began to laugh louder and louder making the ground shake " I won't let you" it smirked.

I gasped as I felt arms around my neck. Something lifted me off the floor as my lungs were squeezed closed tightly.

I was running out of breath and gasping for air, the child looked at me turning his head slowly to the side as I saw it glitching.

I felt like giving up.

"Stop! I can't please! Stop!" the deep voice yelled as I dropped to the floor gasping immediately for air.

I coughed as my throat started to burn. I was still gasping for air as the laughter stopped, everything went back to normal.

"Lia?!" the girls ran towards me but I flinched when they touched me "what's wrong?"

I coughed slightly with my hands around my neck.

"I got to go", I said in a croaked voice and stood up "I have to go"

"Lia wait!-"

Area
"Jimin just tell me then everything will be over," I said as he kept on shaking his head "then you have to let me speak to Miss Darius."

"No, you won't," he said as he looked up from his book with his glasses on "just take your lost and found students and leave"

"I'm a journalist and besides those 20 students, I'm here for Omelas, "I said "and we already know they won't leave so you either tell us or Miss Darius will"

"If I tell you the story then you'll just make it into your own fantasy"

"No, I or we will place it in the newspaper and it will be published globally. For everyone to see. Omelas may be the place of joyful things and many other positive things but....come on. Those twenty students were just, flies that's been caught in a spider web, it's a trap and we need to know what Omelas gets from it or what Omelas is sacrificing because entering a place that is not asking you for a single penny is full of crap, there's a dark side and I'm not leaving without it"

Jimin looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You're smart, too smart," he said, "you told me that your friends are at the Omelas right?, Ask them what's happening now. Ask them how they feel. And if they're happy and living their best life? For now, it's best if you just stop. Because I'm sure they wouldn't let Omelas fall for anything at any cause"

Lia. I hope you know what you're doing.