chapter 17

Area
I yelped when I stopped falling and was floating mid-air. A couple of meters away from the ground.

I swallowed nervously as I looked around. My body was shaking as the room's temperature started to drop while I was looking around.

"Hello?"I said as my voice echoed in the large empty room "is anyone there?!"

My breath hitched when I saw red eyes slowly appearing. I kept staring at them as my heart thumped inside my chest almost wanting to jump out.

I look at the thing stepping out of the darkness and when I saw his full form my stomach twisted.

I clenched my eyes closed as I began to breathe heavily. It's ok. Face it. Face it!.

"Area!!"

My eyes snapped open when I heard his voice.

"Taehyung!!"I yelled, " Tae where are you?!"

The demon growled catching my attention. I screamed as I fell to the floor.

I groaned and looked at the demon. I felt something running down my nose, blood. I pushed myself up until I stood straight.

My legs were about to give up but I clenched my fist tightly.

"I'm here to trade, "I said bravely "let my brother go and-"

"No Area!"I heard Taehyung's voice but then he screamed in pain.

"Stop it!!"I yelled, "I'll trade my life for his just let him go!"

The demon looked at me and held his hands out. I looked at it and back at him.

I hesitated a bit but then I inhaled deeply and before my hands could touch his, Taehyung screamed again.

"Don't do it!!" he yelled making me pull my hands back out of fright.

"Just take my hands,"  he said sending shivers down my spine "that's all you have to do"

I licked my dry lips "I want to see him first"

"You-"

"You have my life after this!"I said "let me see my brother"

The demon stared at me and let a low growl out. He snapped his fingers and then Taehyung fell to the ground coughing up blood.

"Taehyung!"

I went towards Taehyung and pulled him up. I touched his face and saw how tired he was, his eyes were barely open. His body was pale.

"Tae" I whispered as he placed his head on mine and breathed out.

"You shouldn't have come," he said.

"You have suffered enough, "I said.

He looked at me with painful tears in his eyes and brought me into a hug.

"Area" he whispered making me smile as tears streamed down my face "why did you leave me? Why did you have to go? What did we do-"

"You didn't do anything wrong," I said and pulled away and held his cheek "you never did, that's why I'm here to trade my life to save yours"

He looked at me confused "Area no" he said.

He looked at the demon and then at me as I saw fear in his eyes.

"Taehyung," I said.

"He will kill me," he said and grabbed my arm "no matter if he gets you or not we will die! Area listens to me and leave, you need to leave before it's too late!"

"But you called for help-"

"I never did!" he hissed making me confused "it was him! I could never do it when he told me what he wanted! Area...leave while you still can-"

"Your life or he dies!" the demon growled.

"Area listens to me," Taehyung said while he was shaking "its father. He's doing all of this, you need to leave"

"Wait what?"I asked.

"Everything that mom told you was true! The demon that you summoned wasn't just a demon Area! You summoned him !!" he said making me freeze.

He held my face in his hands making me look at him.

"Don't trade your life" he whispered "he will kill us if you do"

"Taehyung," I said.

"Your life or he dies!!" the demon said louder.

"No!"I yelled when Taehyung disappeared "bring him back!"

"Make a decision"the demon growled.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I stood up and turned around and clenched my hands closed.

I opened my eyes to look at the demon. My breathings were shaky, I clenched my fist tightly feeling nervous...scared?...but my heart was clenching and hoping it was a lie.

"Show yourself"I whispered.

He looked directly into my eyes as I didn't know what to expect. It couldn't be him.

But Tae...

I closed my eyes and groaned "SHOW YOURSELF!"

The demon stepped a few meters back and turned around and within a blink, my heart stood still when he stood there in his next form.

He grinned as I could only stare "oh my my my...My little rainbow"